2014-2015 High School KBA Nominees. Why you didn’t hear about KBA last year
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 2014-2015 High School KBA Nominees. Why you didn’t hear about KBA last year
- Slide 1
- 2014-2015 High School KBA Nominees
- Slide 2
- Why you didnt hear about KBA last year.
- Slide 3
- The 5 th Wave By Rick Yancy Aliens sent waves of destructive forces to eradicate the humans. Cassie Sullivan, a survivor of the invasion, must rescue her young brother from the enemy with help from a boy who may be one of them. The 5 th Wave /Rick Yancy. Putnam Juvenile. 2013.
- Slide 4
- The Beginning of Everything By Robyn Schneider The way Ezra Faulkner sees it, everyone gets one great tragedy, after which life should roll on predictably. Star athlete and prom king, his life is irreparably transformed by a tragic accident and the arrival of eccentric new girl Cassidy Thorpe. The Beginning of Everything / Robyn Schneider. Katherine Tegan Books. 2013.
- Slide 5
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea By April Genevieve Tucholke Violet is in love with River, a mysterious seventeen-year-old stranger renting the guest house behind the rotting seaside mansion where Violet lives. When eerie, grim events begin to happen, Violet recalls her grandmother's frequent warnings about the devil and wonders if River is evil. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea/ April Genevieve Tucholke. Dial. 2013.
- Slide 6
- I am the Weapon By Allen Zadoff Boy Nobody is a coldly dispassionate teenage assassin working for a mysterious organization called the Program. When it assigns him his next missionto assassinate the mayor of New Yorkit seems at first like business as usual. But then he meets Sam, the mayors beautiful daughter. I am the Weapon/ Allen Zadoff. Little Brown. 2013.
- Slide 7
- If You Find Me By Emily Murdoch Careys little sister, Jenessa, has not spoken since the white starry night and now depends on Carey for her very survival. All they have is each other as their mentally ill mother comes and goes with greater frequency until that one fateful day she disappears for good. Two strangers arrive and suddenly the girls are taken from the woods and thrust into a bright and perplexing new world where they must face the truth of why their mother abducted them and kept them hidden for ten years. If You Find Me/ Emily Murdoch. St. Martins Griffin. 2013.
- Slide 8
- The Impossible Knife of Memory By Laurie Halse Anderson For the past five years, Hayley Kincaid and her father, Andy, have been on the road, never staying long in one place as he struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. Now they are back in the town where he grew up so Hayley can attend high school. The Impossible Knife of Memory/ Laurie Halse Anderson. 2014. Viking Juvenile, 2014.
- Slide 9
- How to Love By Katie Cotugno Sawyer LaGrande's unexplained disappearance rocked Serena Montero's world; it had been love at first sight, and then he ran away and left her pregnant. Now he's back in town and ready to pick up where they left off. Serena, however, has a steady boyfriend and is now the mother of a two- year-old. Will she make the same mistake twice? How to Love/ Katie Cotugno. Balzer & Bray. 2013.
- Slide 10
- The Rithmatist By Brandon Sanderson Wild Chalklings threaten the American Isles and Rithmatists are humanitys only defense. Joel longs to be a Rithmatist with the magical power to bring the two- dimensional Chalklings to life. But he is 16, and Rithmatists are chosen at age 8. Surely he has missed his chance, or has he? The Rithmatist / Brandon Sanderson. Tor Teen. 2013.
- Slide 11
- Thousand Words By Jennifer Brown Ashleigh feels madly in love with her boyfriend, Kaleb, even though he has barely paid attention to her all summer. To make sure Kaleb remembers her when he leaves for college, Ashleigh snaps a photo of herself posing naked and sends it to him. That gets his attention. However, they soon break up and Kaleb sends the photo to a friend, who shares it with the world. Ashleigh is arrested for distributing child pornography and Kaleb, at 18, may go to prison. Thousand Words / Jennifer Brown. Little Brown. 2013.
- Slide 12
- The Tragedy Paper By Elizabeth Laban While preparing for the most dreaded assignment at the prestigious Irving School, the Tragedy Paper, Duncan gets wrapped up in the tragic tale of Tim Macbeth, a former student who had a clandestine relationship with the wrong girl, and his own ill-fated romance with Daisy. The Tragedy Paper / Elizabeth Laban. Knopf Books. 2013.
- Slide 13
- Abigail says to check out a book!