Academic portfolio - surabhi vashisht
Embed Size (px)
academic portfolio exhibiting selected academic projects in B.ARCH upto 9th semester
Transcript of Academic portfolio - surabhi vashisht
- 1. SURABHI VASHISHT PORTFOLIO SELECTED WORKS
- 2. STUDIO PROJECTS
- 3. DESIGN FOR A GENERAL HOSPITAL N Design for a 100 bedded hospital in a composite climatic zone with three speciality surgical suites, gynaecology ward , diagnostic services and emergency wards. The blocks are so oriented to make the most of natural light while shading one another alternatively and getting ample winter sun from the south . N N N N
- 4. DESIGN FOR A BUS TERMINAL The bus terminal, located in Rajpura (punjab) has been proposed to be a radial concourse terminal as it is the most convenient for a vehicle commutation
- 5. DESIGN FOR AN ARCHITECTURE COLLEGE Located in the lush green agricultural fields of punjab, the design intent mainly revolved around making the most of the green surroundings, inwards and out, so the students dont fall short of any natural rejuvenation while still maintaining a discipline and decorum through the language of the proposed built environment . The structure essentially offsets the site profile in plan and orients itself from north-east to south west, making the most of the natural wind direction and creating an ambience for sunset along the naturally existing pond in the south-west with an open air theatre.
- 6. The structure also employs the natural contour difference between the two extreme ends of the site with accommodation of a multipurpose hall for students at the by-level.
- 7. DESIGN OF A SHOPPING MALL LOCATED AGAIN AT A SITE WITH A COMPOSITE TYPE OF CLIMATE , THE PROPOSAL HAD THE SHORTER AXIS ORIENTING EAST-WEST WITH CAVITY CORRIDORS ON THE PERIPHERY MAKING UP FOR SERVICE AND INSULATION WITHIN THE BUILDING . THE ARCHITECTURAL ELEMENTS TAKE CUE FROM THE VERNACULAR STYLE OF ARCHITECTURE OF PUNJAB AMALGAMATED WITH THE MODERNIST GLAZING SYSTEM ON THE PERIPHERY
- 8. THE VIEWS ARE DESCRIPTIVE OF THE REAL AMOUNT Of NATURAL LIGHT FILTERING THROUGH THE BUILDING AND HAVENT BEEN ADDITIONALLY RENDERED. THE INTENT WAS TO MAKE THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT AS QUAINT AND CALM AS POSSIBLE LYING CONTRARY TO THE USUALPRACTICE.
- 9. LIVE PROJECTS
- 10. THE RESIDENCE LOCATED IN NAINITAL, INDIA WITH A TEMPERATE CLIMATE AND AS PER THE CLIENT'S BRIEF , WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A LARGE GLASS SOUTH-EASTERN FAADE WITH THE MIDDLE PART TRUNCATED AS CAN BE SEEN AND THE WINDOWS TO HABITABLE ROOMS BEING RECESSED TO A 450MM THICK WALL BUILT IN STONE MASONRY.
- 11. MANAGEMENT COLLEGE AT LUDHIANA, INDIA (scope: presentation drawings and building study) The proposed block was characteristically oriented east-west (blocking the sides receiving maximum glare and large amount of openings on the northern and southern faade to; Maximize the reception of natural light. Maximize natural cross ventilation. (wind direction; north-east to south west) Large projections over windows on southern faade to avoid the summer sun and welcome the winter sun. SOLAR CHIMNEYS on the southern faade to trap the short wave radiant heat through clear glass , accumulated on the inner black painted surface and the louvers opening into the building; the hot air thereby rising to the top and being expelled through exhaust fans at a height of about 30 from the terrace level.
- 12. DESIGN FOR RECEPTION TABLE FOR COUTURE STORE THE STORE REQUIRED FOR A TRADITIONALLY OPULENT DCOR AS WAS CONCEIVED BY THE DESIGNER AND I , HAVING BEEN ASSIGNED THE JOB OF DESIGNING THE RECEPTION TABLE FOR THE SAME, CREATED THIS. 3D VIEWs FOR PROPOSED INTERIOR PROJECTS
- 13. COMPETITIONS
- 14. COMPETITION ENTRE FOR CWAB THE DESIGN COMPETITION BRIEF REQUIRED FOR A HIGH END LUXURY HOUSING BUILDING AND WAS UNDERTAKEN IN A GROUP OF THREE WITH MY SCOPE BEING THE BASIC PLANNING OF INDIVIDUAL UNITS AND VARIOUS OTHER AMENITIES.
- 15. PEN RENDEREED SKETCHES FOR LOUIS I.KAHN TROPHY N.A.S.A 2012 PARTICIPATION IN GROUP OF 10 WITH BASIC RESPONSIBILITY OF FORMULATING A REPORT FOR THE ENTIRE STUDY CARRIED OUT FOR PADMINI PALACE IN CHITTORGARH FORT UNDER WATER FRONT ARCHITECTURE
- 16. HAND RENDERED COMPOSITIONS
- 17. HAND RENDERRED COMPOSITIONS HUMAYUNS TOMB CARPET DESIGN DOOR DESIGN
- 18. HAND RENDERRED COMPOSITIONS KIOSK DESIGN ARCHITECTURAL LOGO
- 19. SURABHI VASHISHT M: +919872449959 E: firstname.lastname@example.org D.O.B: 5TH OCT 1990 HOUSE NUMBER:52 SECTOR-7 PANCHKULA HARYANA (134109) INDIA