How Craigslist Works
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of How Craigslist Works
- 1. How Craigslist WorksGroup D S1190017 Jun Kikuchi
- 2. Introduction Craigslist.org is one of the most visited Websites, community sites.We can see and know a lot of ads that in morethan 450 cites and cover practically everycategory; for example, jobs, housing, and itemsfor sale.
- 3. Introduction 2 In 1999, Craigslist incorporated as a for profitorganization, and it starts from a SanFrancisco, USA. And Boston was joined the network in 2000,a few months later, Chicago, New York City,and so on followed the sites.
- 4. The Craigslist Network Today, Craigslist is followed by more than 450cites, centering on USA, because users useeasily this sites. Craigslist has more than 25 million newclassified ads, more than 1.5 million jobspostings, and more than 30 million user visit.
- 5. Craigslist Financials Craigslist is focused on online communities,and this site earns revenue by setting fees forjobs postings and for apartment listing inparticular cities. In 2005, this company earned more than $20million of dollars.
- 6. Craigslist Controversy Craigslist has a big problem that how weweed out scam artist. Craigslist community has some scams; forexample, fake money orders, bait-and-switchschemes, and so on.Craigslists staff and Police challenge to solve it.
- 7. Craigslist Controversy 2 Craigslist has something to do for weedingout scam artists.For ExampleCraigslist checks ads which including, Abusive,unlawful, discriminatory, harmful, defamatory,harassing, and so on.