Web view Create an acrostic poem, including information, description and facts related to the...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Web view Create an acrostic poem, including information, description and facts related to the...
Year 3- Ancient Egyptians Home learning project. July 6th- July 17th 2020.
For the final 2 weeks of the Summer term we would like you to focus on all things Egyptian! This is an opportunity for you to learn more about the amazing Ancient Egyptians and put the skills you have learned over the year into place. As always, please feel free to send me examples of the work you are completing email@example.com as I love to see the learning you are undertaking at home.
Websites you can use to help you with these tasks are listed below.
· Research a holiday to Egypt. Using online sources plan a family holiday to Egypt. Budget how much it would cost to travel to Egypt for a week. Can you work out the cheapest holiday option and also research a more expensive version?
· Make a net for a pyramid.
· Draw a map of a Pharaoh’s tomb. Write a set of instructions (using positional and directional language) on how to get through avoiding any traps!
Out and About
· Research and find interesting landmarks on a map of Egypt. Name some of it cities, its major river and any other interesting human and physical features. Can you draw your own map of Egypt?
· Design a leaflet to promote tourism in Egypt. Which places would you recommend a tourist visit to help them to discover more about what life was like in ancient Egyptian times?
· Imagine you are an archaeologist and have just returned to base after a day on a dig. Write a diary entry about what you have found? Hove you discovered the tomb of a famous Pharaoh?
· Choose an ancient Egyptian god or goddess and create a fact file about them.
· Create an acrostic poem, including information, description and facts related to the ancient Egyptians. ANCIENT EGYPT- should be the stem of your poem.
Fun with others
· Write your name and the names of 5 other family members or friends in hieroglyphics.
· Create an Egyptian theme card game, board game or quiz to play with family or friends.
· Write and share some ancient Egyptian themed jokes and tell them to your friends. Which joke got the most laughs?
Year 3 Ancient Egyptians Home Learning
· Create a painting or drawing of an ancient Egyptian scene using materials of your choice eg, paints, pencils, chalks, fabric, sand…
· Design a piece of Egyptian themes jewellery or a headdress for a Pharaoh.
· Write a song or as rap about the ancient Egyptians.
· Create a timeline of significant events during ancient Egyptian times.
· Research the famous Pharaoh Tutankhamun. Why is he such a significant Pharaoh? Who discovered his tomb? When? What have historians discovered about him that interests you?
· How is life in Egypt different now? What physical evidence of ancient Egyptian life, can still be seen in Egypt today?
Health and Wellbeing
· Find and make some Egyptian recipes
· Write a menu for an ancient Egyptian feast#
· Research health and hygiene practices common in ancient Egypt.