Tracy chevalier powerpoint
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Tracy chevalier powerpoint
- 1. Tracy chevalier
2. Tracy chevalierwas born in 19 October in 1862 .
She is from Washington.
3. When she was a child she liked reading books because she says:
As a kid I'd often said I wanted to bea writer because I loved books and wanted to be associated with them.
4. Tracy chevalier
was graduated from Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School in Bethesda, Maryland and later leaving her job in 1993, she began a year-long M.A in creative writing at the University of East Anglia.
5. Tracy chevalier
She is 47 years old now.
She lives in London with her husband and son.
She writes history novels books. Her books are fiction books but with a history context. The history context is about the thought of c.XVI c.XVIII when women werent accepted as scientists or students because men beleivedthat they couldnt think because they became crazy. Her books talk about many topics for example: women with scientific interest (a recent work), womens arts interest and their great ability and women and mens though in the time about desire.
6. Tracy has published six books.
The Virgin Blue
Girl With a Pearl Earring
The Lady and the Unicorn
7. Tracy Cheavlieradaptedherbook, GirlWith A PearlEarring, into a film and itwasverysuccesfull
One of herbooks, FallingAngels, isbased in a real place, HighgateCementery, London, England. The oldest section, holds an impressive collection of Victorian mausoleums and gravestones, plus elaborately carved tombs
8. For Tracy Chevalier Women's suffrage was very important, this is the right of women to vote
9. She published her first book in 1997. It was The Virgin Blue. A mysterious novel.
10. Mary Anning
Tracy Chevalier writes when she is always thinking about something.
Her ideas are inspired in a lot of places.
The Virgin Blue:The color blue
Girl with a Pearl Earring:A painting
Falling Angels: A cemetery
The Lady and the Unicorn: A set of medieval tapestries
Burning Bright : William Blake
Remarkable Creatures: Mary Anning