Patent: A presentation on 'Patent Analysis and Report Writing' by Ms. Vinita Radhakrishnan
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Patent: A presentation on 'Patent Analysis and Report Writing' by Ms. Vinita Radhakrishnan
- 1. PATENT ANALYSIS Connexios Life Sciences Connexios Life Sciences 2010
- 2. Types of Patent Search analysis Patentability Analysis Infringement Analysis Freedom to operate analysis Competitor watch Technology Landscape
- 3. Patentability Analysis
- 4. Patentability Analysis Patentable Subject matter Industrial Applicability Novelty Inventive Step
- 5. Patentable Subject matter India Product Process Exclusions US Process, Machine, Article of Manufacture, Composition and Combination there of. Exclusions
- 6. Example: Coke Bottle
- 7. Example Genetically modified dog
- 8. Example Time machine
- 9. Example e=mc2
- 10. Example
- 11. Industrial Applicability can be made, can be used in atleast one field of activity and can be reproduced with the same characteristics as many times as necessary.
- 12. Example
- 13. Novelty Prior Art Single Prior Art Reference at a time
- 14. Prior Art 1
- 15. Prior Art 2
- 16. Prior Art 3
- 17. Prior Art 4
- 18. Inventive Step Technical advance Combination of prior art Not obvious to PHOSITA OR Economic Significance
- 19. Combination of Prior Art reference
- 20. Writing the Report IRAC Issue Requirement by the law Analysis Conclusion
- 21. Example
- 22. Invention Disclosure Summary of the Invention Elements of the Invention
- 23. Issue Main Issue Whether the disclosed invention is patentable? Sub Issues Does the invention Qualify as a patentable subject matter? Does it have industrial applicability? Is it Novel in the light of Prior art? Does it have inventive step?
- 24. Do u need any additional info??
- 25. Questions to be asked Technical What is the problem the invention is looking to solve How is the problem solved? What is the most critical feature of the invention Non technical Jurisdiction Date of the invention
- 26. Analysis and Conclusion Apply the relevant law to the disclosed invention and explain why the invention qualifies or disqualifies the requirement. Conclude based on your Analysis
- 27. Novelty and Inventive Step Step 1: Validity of Prior art reference Step 2: Novelty Analysis of each PA Step 3: Inventive Step Analysis of combination of PA.
- 28. Novelty: One prior art reference at a time
- 29. Novelty: One prior art reference at a time
- 30. Inventive Step Do not analyze in retrospect.
- 31. Class Discussion I
- 32. Invention Machine for cutting plants, in particular grass, characterized in that it comprises means for pedaling and a seat What are we talking about?
- 33. Lawn Mower
- 34. Patentable Subject matter YES NO
- 35. Industrial Applicability YES NO
- 36. Prior Art 1
- 37. Prior Art 2
- 38. Prior Art 3
- 39. Combination of Prior Art Reference
- 40. Questions? email@example.com