IOS8 tuto by Phonevalley-DigitasLBi
Embed Size (px)
IOS8 tuto by Phonevalley-DigitasLBi
Transcript of IOS8 tuto by Phonevalley-DigitasLBi
- 1. Apple Keynote June 2, 2014
- 2. INTRODUCTION The new mobile operating system developed by Apple and baptized IOS 8 was announced during annual Keynote by the brand dedicated to developers, WWDC on June 2nd, 2014. Numerous new features were announced and a beta version 2 is available for Apple developers. Apple also announced that several features of this new OS would be opened to developers, allowing them to increase the reach of their apps. IOS 8 will be compatible with 4s 5 5c 5s touch 5 iPad 2 iPad 3 iPad 4 iPad Air Mini Mini retina
- 3. Allow you to find your current work or a web page on all your Apple devices, passing from iPhone to iPad or Mac. Possibility of answering a SMS from a Mac, an iPad. Possibility of taking a call from a Mac, an iPad CONTINUITY
- 4. NOTIFICATION CENTER FAMILY SHARING See your notifications in app Answer a SMS without opening the app Like a Facebook post without opening the app Share music, apps between iPhones
- 5. iMESSAGE SPOTLIGHT Function "tap to talk", which allows to add a vocal message of a few seconds. Add of internet, app store and Share your geolocalization. iTunes store search.
- 6. HEALTH THIRD PART KEYBOARD Centralize your data health collected by your iPhone and connected objects. Health Card, the medical card of the user in the event of an accident. Allow third part keyboard To come: partnerships with private hospitals for real time alerts of the health of the user.
- 7. iCLOUD APP BUNDLES Automatic upload of the taken photos allowing to find them then on any device. 5 Go free. Tools for publishing and editing photos Proposal of packs including several applications. Publication of photos on social networks. Function of research improved to find more simply a photo.
- 8. HOMEKIT TOUCH ID Opening of the feature Touch ID for developers to use it in their app. Control of your home from your iPhone Voice control (Siri)
- 9. The weather app now use The Weather Channel wich is more relevent. The notification center have two tabs : Today and Notifications The camera app can modify the light and the color to improve the result Multitasking displays the last contacts, with possibility of calling them or leaving them a message. The notifications become interactive. It is possible to answer a message received without leaving the application. Speed of taking photos increased, add of a retarder of 3 or 10 seconds, gust mode and Time Lapse function. Consult your detailed consumption of battery Compatibility Mac / IPhone / IPad for Air drop Pause a call on FaceTime, discussion in several Integration of Shazam to Siri DuckDuckGo as additional search engine On the locked screen, possibility of making actions on the notifications In the E-mail application, it is now possible to receive a notification Push for a particular email with the function" warn Me ". In the opening screen of Safari, you find your most visited sites. Safari is now capable of scanning a bar code Play air becomes peer to peer Other news
- 10. Apple open the power of his OS Notification Center See more items in the Today view in Notification Center. For example, you could add widgets that update you on package deliveries, the latest surf reports, or breaking stories from your favorite news app. Keyboard Developers will be able to create new keyboards you can install and use system wide. Once theyre available, you can choose your favorite input method or layout Documents Apple is expanding how iOS handles documents to enable you to open and edit documents using more apps, and to share documents between apps without creating unnecessary copies. Source: Apple
- 11. Sharing Options iOS lets you quickly share photos, videos, websites, and other content with social sites like Facebook and Twitter. For iOS 8, they opened the sharing options to all developers, which means youll have more places to share. Photo Editing Developers can embed their filters and editing tools directly into the Photos app. So you could apply thirdparty effects to images without leaving the app where you view your photos. Custom Actions With a tap of the Action button, you can do things like assign a photo to a contact or print a document. iOS 8 allows developers to extend those capabilities. For instance, a developer could make it possible to watermark documents, add something to a wish list, or translate text to a different language. Source: Apple
- 12. CAMERA API Now third-party camera apps can have precise control over exposure, focus, and white balance in addition to the controls they already have. HomeKit HomeKit introduces a new way to control supported devices in your home using Siri. That means you could use your voice to turn on lights or adjust the thermostat. CloudKit Developers can use the power of iCloud in their apps and enable you to sign in with your Apple ID without sharing your personal information. New tools Source: Apple
- 13. New tools HealthKit Health and fitness apps can share their data with the new Health app and with each other. When apps can talk to each other, they work better. Source: Apple Touch ID For the first time, youll have the option of using Touch ID to sign in to third-party apps theres no need to enter a password. Your fingerprint data is protected and is never accessed by iOS or other apps. PhotoKit Developers can enable their photo apps to edit photos directly in the Camera Roll without having to import them first.
- 14. New gaming technologie SpriteKit SpriteKit enables developers to create high-performance, battery-efficient 2D games. In iOS 8, weve added several enhancements that will make 2D games even better. These new technologies will help in-game characters move more naturally and make it easier for developers to add force fields, detect collisions, and generate new lighting effects in their games. Source: Apple SceneKit SceneKit enables developers to render game scenes in 3D and is designed for casual 3D gaming. SceneKit incorporates a physics engine, a particle generator, and easy ways to script the actions of 3D objects. Its also completely integrated with SpriteKit, so developers can include SpriteKit assets in 3D games. Metal Built for developers who create highly immersive console games, Metal is a new technology that will allow them to squeeze maximum performance from the A7 chip. Its optimized to allow the CPU and GPU to work together to achieve optimal performance. Its designed for multithreading, and there are great tools for putting it all together in Xcode.
- 15. To spur the next generation of iOS apps, Apple introduce a new programming language: Swift. Swift is a programming language introduced by Apple for the conception of the applications and which run on Mac OSX and devices under iOS. Apple conceived Swift to be easy to use while maintaining the speed and the flexibility of the languages compiled as C ++. Swift has all the power of Objective-C, but without the " liabilities of C ", declared Tim Cook to the public having presented the axes of comparison which show that the language Swift is faster than Python and more successful than Objective-C.
- 16. Focus on Touch ID Touch ID technology allows to use your fingerprint as password on your iPhone. Apple opening this feature to the third party apps, the digital identification can now be used for example in applications to reach its account or consult personal informations. Concerning the payment, Apple di