Ancillary task analysis
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Ancillary task analysis
- 1. Before making a start on any kind of design ideas for either of my ancillary tasks I researchedthe conventions of other Alternative Rock digipaks and posters and kept these conventions inmind during all design processes.My group and I decided to keep a theme of city landscapes in both our poster advert anddigipak productions.
- 2. My group and I challenged the conventions of Alternative Rock digipaks by using a photograph of the artist on the front cover. Alternative Rock bands conventionally use photographs or justthe album name as the front cover rather than a photograph of themselves so that emphasis is placed on their music rather than their image. Photograph of our digipak front cover This is the final design for our digipak cover.
- 3. However, some mainstream Alternative Rock artists and female Alternative Rock singers will use photographs of themselves on the front cover to appeal to a bigger target audience. Photograph of our digipak front coverThe use of our performer on the front of our product worked well for my group and I as we received great audience feedback and they were still able to tell we were a part of the Alternative Rock genre despite the challenge in convention.
- 4. My group and I used conventions of Alternative Rock digipak costumes as we felt this would be more successful for our final product. We also decided to keep our performers outfitconventional within the digipak due to the fact we had also kept it conventional within our main music video task. Photograph of our digipak front cover
- 5. Photograph of our digipak front cover Photograph of our poster advert We also decided to keep continuity between our digipak, poster advert and music video bykeeping our performers outfit the same throughout all three. We also did this because we felt it would make our target audience easier to identify our performer.
- 6. Photograph of our digipak front cover Photograph of our poster advertHowever, this challenged conventions of Alternative Rock artists as many performers appear in different outfits in their videos, digipaks and advertisements.
- 7. My group and I challenged conventions for an Alternative Rock poster advert. We did this byusing a photograph of our artist as the main image while Alternative Rock posters will not use photographs of the artist theyre advertising. Photograph of our poster advertThis worked well for my and group and I as our target audience found it easier to identify with our artist and were still able to tell he was part of the Alternative Rock genre.
- 8. To keep consistency within my digipak and poster advert my group and I decided on a theme throughout the designs of both. As the Alternative Rock genre is generally associated withindustrial and urban areas we decided that a city would be the best theme for us to use within both elements of our production work. Photograph of our Photograph of our poster digipak front cover advert
- 9. Photograph of our Photograph of our poster digipak front cover advert This was really effective and successful for our ancillary tasks and it looked conventional andmatched well with our design aspects as a group. Our target audience chose which photograph to use a theme and then gave really positive feedback when shown the final version.