Ancient Greece 750 BC â€“ 146 BC Archaic Period â€“ Hellenistic...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Ancient Greece 750 BC â€“ 146 BC Archaic Period â€“ Hellenistic...
- Slide 1
- Ancient Greece 750 BC 146 BC Archaic Period Hellenistic Period by Kelly Bryant
- Slide 2
- What will we learn in this unit? The art and architecture of ancient Greece The geography of ancient Greece The history that occurred during this time period Mythology of ancient Greece The ancient Olympic Games (WebQuest!!) The lives of the people in ancient Greece Wars and conflicts in this time period www.ancientgreece.com
- Slide 3
- Where in the world is Greece?
- Slide 4
- What did ancient Greece look like?
- Slide 5
- Ancient Greek Art
- Slide 6
- Ancient Greek Architecture Doric Three architectural orders: Ionic Corinthian
- Slide 7
- Timeline and Events of the Period Archaic period: 750500 BC development of the city-state (polis) rise of the aristocracies Greek colonization of southern Italy development of natural human form in art
- Slide 8
- Classical Period: 500-336 BC full development of democratic system of government building of the Parthenon on the Acropolis founding of the philosophical schools of Socrates and Plato creation of the tragedies of Sophocles
- Slide 9
- Hellenistic Period: 336-146 BC Greek culture and power extended through the known world Philip of Macedon and Alexander the Great rule Greece and take over the Persian Empire Aristotle practicing in Athens
- Slide 10
- Mythology of Ancient Greece HomerThe Iliad and The Odyssey The OlympiansZeus, Athena, Hades, Poseidon HeroesPerseus, Hercules, Jason
- Slide 11
- The Ancient Olympic Games (WebQuest) We will learn: Why and when did the Olympics start? How have the Olympics changed? What was the role of women in the Games? What games were played?
- Slide 12
- Daily Life in Ancient Greece What was school like for Greek children? What kinds of clothes did the people wear? What kinds of jobs did people have? What did they do for fun? How were things different for boys and girls from today? What kinds of foods did they eat?
- Slide 13
- Wars and Conflicts The Persian Wars (500-449 BC) The Peloponnesian War (441-434 BC) Philip of Macedon Alexander the Great
- Slide 14
- References 1. www.ancientgreece.com www.ancientgreece.com 2.www.cia.govwww.cia.gov 3. http://oncampus.richmond.edu/academics/education/projects http://oncampus.richmond.edu/academics/education/projects /webunits/greecerome/Greecearch2.html 4. http://www.add.gr/jewel/elka/index.htmlhttp://www.add.gr/jewel/elka/index.html 5.www.loggia.comwww.loggia.com 6.www.mythweb.comwww.mythweb.com