10 Tips to Grab Your Investors' Attention - And Keep It
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 10 Tips to Grab Your Investors' Attention - And Keep It
- 1. 10 Tips to Finally Get Investors to Listen Craft Your Pitch Perfectly: Founder & Owner of GMI First, Inc. Gregory Sarangoulis Greg Sarangoulis
- 2. Keep It Short & Sweet An entrepreneur needs to be able to describe his or her company and why it matters in one minute or less.
- 3. Know Your Numbers To be taken seriously, you need to know your financial metrics thoroughly and be able to walk an investor through what they mean. Greg Sarangoulis
- 4. Find the Right Fit Most VC firms are experts in one or two specific fields. Find the investor who can provide expertise, not just cash.
- 5. Understand the Competition Know your industry's major players and be ready to explain exactly how your company will be different.
- 6. Pitch Your Experience Give investors a full picture of you and your leadership team's qualifications and history working in/studying the industry.
- 7. Show Your Hand Emphasize any valuable intellectual property your company may have. Hard assets can mitigate risk for investors. Greg Sarangoulis
- 8. Explain How You're All In Show you are committed. The size of your investment illustrates the extent of your dedication to outside investors.
- 9. Be Realistic Be prepared to walk your investors through your forecasting methods and logic behind the anticipated growth.
- 10. Know Your Growth Plan Have an exact plan prepared to explain the ways in which you will convert incoming revenue into growth.
- 11. Greg Sarangoulis Ask Confidently Have the precise figure in mind and ask for it when your pitch comes to a close.