Spartans And Some Gods
of 21 /21
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Spartans And Some Gods
- 1. Spartansand some gods
- By Ryan Holzberger
- Greg Shindel
2. To prove you are worthy to be a Spartan warrior, you must pass the test, but first we must train you. 3.
- Soldiers took the boys from their mothers at age 7, housed them in a dormitory with other boys and trained them as soldiers. The mother's softening influence was considered detrimental to a boy's education. The boys endured harsh physical discipline and deprivation to make them strong. The marched without shoes and went without food. They learned to fight, endure pain and survive through their wits. The older boys willingly participated in beating the younger boys to toughen them. Self-denial, simplicity, the warrior code, and loyalty to the city-state governed their lives
- Sparta was one of the many Greek islands. It was known for its soldiers. The city ofSpartawas a city state in ancient Greece , situated on the River Eurotas in the southern part of the Peloponnese . It was the dominant military power in the region. They worshiped the Greece gods like Zeus, god of the sky and thunder. We will go over it more later.
5. Greece gods
- The main Greece gods Spartans worshiped wereAres, god of war, Athena ,god of warfare, and Zeus, king of all gods.
- Spartans fought many battles, but their most famous one is the battle of At the battle of Thermopylae.Thermopylae is the battle that Spartans are most known for. There were three hundred Spartans against the whole Persian army. The phrase that is the most famous from that battle is, Their arrows block out the sun, then we shall fight in the shade.
7. The time has come, time to prove yourself worthy! 8.
- A: -4
9. Click on the picture to see you fate!!! 10. 11.
- C:Ryans pocket
- If there is a repeat click away from questions
12. 13. 14.
- A: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- C: Star Wars
- D: The Battle for Middle Earth
15. 16. 17.
- A: Chuck
- B: Barrack Obama
- C: Gregand Ryan
- D: Ares
- E: Athena
18. 19. 20.
- Now you are a true Spartan, but sadlyyour race died a looooooooooooooooonnnnnngggg (3,000 years) time ago.
- Tough noodles to you!
- By Greg Shindel and Ryan Holzberger
- Pictures from Google Images
- Info from Wikipedia .org and history wiz.com
- A sixth grade computer class production. All rights reserved.
- Copy Right 2008