Seminar on wind power car
Embed Size (px)
in this ppt the detail of the wind power car
Transcript of Seminar on wind power car
- Presented by: Bipin kumar chaurasia 1101292232 MechANICAL Guided by: PROF.b.p. Roul PROF.s.k. Shaoo PROF.S.D. mohanty SEMINAR ON WIND POWER CAR
- INTRODUCTION Concept History Working principle Use Advantage & disadvantage Conclusion reference
- introduction Wind is one of the prominent sources of renewable energy. The wind powered car that converts wind power to electric energy which in turn moves the vehicle
- concept A wind-powered car converts wind power into electric energy, thereby helping the car to move forward theres an intake valve seated on the roof to amass all the wind needed to power the car. An alternator connects to the intake valve which converts the kinetic energy to electrical energy. This electrical energy is connected to a DC battery pack which is the source of power to a controller. This controller converts the DC voltage to AC three phase voltage with the help of power diodes.
- history InVentus Ventomobile, the first wind-powered car was designed by students of University of Stuttgart in August 2008
- THE FIRST CAR RACE IS IN September 7, 2008 in the Netherlands
- WORKING PRINCIPLE WHEN THE CAR RUN To get the most out of the smallest surface we have to use a turbine with a large contact surface. Such turbine will have only one active side.
- it would be better to bend the airstream onto the active area like this:
- This ornament increases the efficiency of the wind turbine but it also allows us to "hide" the passenger in the turbine translating a large percentage of aerodynamic drag back onto the drive train.
- It would make the vehicle look something like this:
- wind energy processing mechanics in wind powered card wind turbines and valves are used also to harness the wind.
- These wind turbines are valves are placed in such position in the cars that they can start moving
- The unusual wind-powered car hit a top speed 2.86 times faster than the wind during one recent run,
- The function of valves is to absorb the wind which is needed to power the car. Along valves an alternator is connected which convert the kinetic energy into electric energy
- The generated electric energy is stored in a DC battery which is connected to a controller. The controller converts the DC current in to AC.
- USE It can use as a alternate power source of car It can use in wind-zone as power for drive the car
- The ever-intensifying drive to discover clean, renewable energy technologies has in recent years led to developments beyond the lab and the drawing room and into the real world. that wind farms now produce 3.2% of the energy used in the US, 9% in Germany, 17% in Portugal and an astounding 26% in Denmark.
- Advantages of Wind Power car Wind Energy as Green as Can Be so no pollution Free Power, Forever Wind Power Can Go Anywhere so need not cary any other thing Reusable so it will never end. Once the wind turbine is built the energy it produces does not cause green house gases or other pollutants
- Disadvantages of Wind Power The strength of the wind is not constant and it varies from zero to storm force. This means that wind turbines do not produce the same amount of electricity all the time. There will be times when they produce no electricity at all Many people feel that the countryside should be left untouched, without these large structures being built. The landscape should left in its natural form for everyone to enjoy. Wind turbines are noisy. Each one can generate the same level of noise as a family car travelling at 70 mph. Many people see large wind turbines as unsightly structures and not pleasant or interesting to look at. They disfigure the countryside and are generally ugly.
- Conclusion and here wind act as a alternative fuel. Hence this car use wind power as the fuel and its economical and it is also an ECO FRIENDLY car it will not spoil the environment and if this become popular and we can use this means the will be a better environment. This can be used in sports car so we save our environment. As per the quote SAVE OIL SAVE INDIA, we can also save india by saving fuel by the help of this wind power car
- REFERENCES www.google.com www.wikipedia.co.in www.windpowergeneration.com