Paris, France By: Hannah Work. Eiffel Tower Hi, my name is Cheeto. I live at the Eiffel Tower in...
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Paris, France By: Hannah Work. Eiffel Tower Hi, my name is Cheeto. I live at the Eiffel Tower in...
- Slide 1
- Paris, France By: Hannah Work
- Slide 2
- Eiffel Tower Hi, my name is Cheeto. I live at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Let me tell you about the Eiffel Tower. This tower was built for the 1889 world fair. The tower also has many lovely designs. To build the Eiffel Tower it took 2 years, 2 mouths, and 5 days from start to finish. The tower stands 324 meters tall and the base covers a square area of 100 meters. The towers nickname is La Tour Eiffel that means the iron lady. This is a 81 story building. These are just some interesting facts about the Eiffel Tower but lets take a tour around Paris!
- Slide 3
- Orsay Museum Welcome my friends to the Orsay Museum. This is where my friend Persia lives. Hi Persia! Hello Cheeto! Let me tell you about where Persia lives. The museum has railway stations made in the 19 th century and used as art. Lots of metal was used to make and design the building. The building stands 175 meters and 75 meters wide. This use to be a railway station but was changed to a museum because they had so much art from years ago. Well we better go and see other interesting places. Bye, Persia!
- Slide 4
- Arc de Triomphe Hello, again we are at Arc de Triomphe. This is where my friend Rosetta lives. Aloha, Cheeto! Let me tell you about this beautiful place. This place was completed in 1836 and is 49m high, 45m wide, and 22m deep. The designs are just purrfect! You can walk up the arch, but be prepared to walk 234 steps. Thats a lot of steps! thats all now but we still have more places around Paris to visit, so lets go!
- Slide 5
- Notre Dame Cathedral Welcome my tourists to Notre Dame Cathedral. This is where another one of my friends live named Nacho. Welcome Cheeto! Thi8s place is the religious center of the city. People started building in 1163. That was long ago! It took till 1345 before it was finished. It is 128m long with two 69m tall towers. This place has 28 statues. Thats sure a lot! Well, that all the info I can give you. Lets go see more! Bye, Nacho.
- Slide 6
- The Catacombs Hi, again and welcome to the Catacombs. My friend Snoosh lives here. I hate it here but she loves it here! Let me tell you about this creepy place. This famous place is located underground. Underneath the streets of Paris is a second city, the city of the dead! 186 miles of underground tunnels, skulls lie in rows. These dead people died from a disease, most of the people were Parisian in the 18 th century. Thats very scary to me. Well, we should go and visit our last famous places. Bye, Snoosh. Now, lets get out of here!
- Slide 7
- Jardin du Luxembourg Hi, everyone and welcome to Jardin du Luxembourg. This is where my friend Star lives. I call her park cat because this place is a park. The park is about 55 acres long. The park has a pond that children can rent small boats but there is lots more attractions for children. It also features 2 beautiful fountains. This is truly a place for the whole family to enjoy. Come here and have some tea in front of a garden of flowers. This is so much better than the Catacombs! Thanks for everything, Star. Your welcome, Cheeto. Lets go to our last stop.
- Slide 8
- Palais du Luxembourg Welcome to our last stop, Palais du Luxembourg. This is where my frog friend, Hoppy lives. This place is like a garden and palace, that was originally a Roman camp. This is a palace and garden was build between 1615-1627. The owners decided to design the building 24 works know as the "Marie de Medici Cycle". These works are paintings that mean a lot! Isnt that awesome! Now, its time to say good bye! See you soon!