Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Marketing management(4)
2. 3. CONTENT
- P&G Product line.
- P&G in India
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Few controversies
- SWOT Analysis
- P&G A Proud Advertiser
- Customer centric P&G
4. 5. FACTFILE
- Founded 1837 *(American multinational corporation)
- Headquarters - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Key people Mr. Bob Mc Donald suceeded Mr. A. G. Lafley, Chairman, President, and
- Chief Executive.
- Industry - Consumer goods
- Revenue - US$ 78.9 billion (2010)
- Net income - US$12.075 billion (2008)
- Employees - 120,000
- Website - www.pg.com
- Products are available in 140 countries
6. P&G Brands
- Fabric & Home care :-Ariel, Tide, Downy, Dash, Lenor And many more..
- Food & Beverages:- Pringles, Crisco, Jif, Folgers and many more..
- Health care:- Metamusil, Vicks, Crest, PUR and many more..
- Baby care:- Pampers, Luvs and Dodot.
- Beauty care:- Olay, Pantene, Camay, Zest and many more
7. P&G IN INDIA
- Relationship with India started in 1951
- RHL started manufacturing in 1964
- Affiliated product of P&G in 1985
- Procter & Gamble India
- P&G USA - Increase in stake
- Two subsidiaries
8. MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Folger Coffee Company
- Revlon Inc - Max Factor
- Laboratorios Vita-Commercial
- Long Chen Paper Co-Ltd
- Recovery Engineers Co
- Tambrands Inc. and many more..
9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. CONTROVERSY NO. 1
- Environmental Issues:
- One of the largest producer of air pollution
- Roughly 350,000 pounds of toxic chemicals released annually into the air.
- Procter & Gamble pledged to reduce their carbon emissions through following remedies :
- Lose weight packaging.
- Save energy.
- Use more recycled content.
- Be compatible with waste management systems.
- Comply with regulations and packaging schemes.
16. 17. P&G Future Friendly Program
- Designed to promote environmental responsibility and consumer conservation education.
- The goal is to show consumers in a very achievable way how to save water, waste and energy at home with trusted brands like Tide, Pampers, PUR, Ariel, and Duracell .
- Nearly 80% of the energy used in a typical load of laundry comes from heating water.
- consumers can reduce energy consumption and their utility bills.
- Program first launched in the UK in 2007, in Canada in 2008, and the US and Western Europe in 2010. In the US, Future Friendly has reached more than 50 million households with consumer education.
19. CONTROVERSY NO. 2
- Logo controversy:
- P&G made a trademark that showed a man in the moon overlooking 13 stars, said to commemorate the original 13 colonies.
- The company received unwanted
- media publicity in the 1980s when
- rumors were spread that their
- corporate logo was a Satanic
- symbol .
- Since 1851 - 1986
- The company has sued and attempted to sue a number of companies.
- However, the continuous media coverage prompted P&G to adopt an entirely new logo.
- Since 1986 -2007
21. 22. Promotion War
- Direct attack of HUL on P&G.
- Advertisement stated that Rin gives better whiteness than Tide Naturals.
- Ad released on 26 thFebruary 2010 Friday.
- Upper Class
- Middle Class
- Lower Class
- P&G moves to HC
- Ban on HULs Rin Advertisement.
- P&G has to state in their Ad that Tide Naturals does not contain sandal & lemon.
- In early 1850s P&G came up with product identification.
- P&G started its first consumer advertising through Ivory soap.
- Pioneers in sponsorship.
- Proud sponsor of mom.
- Recognized at the 57 thCannes Advertising Festival.
P&G Promotional activities 26. 27.
- One of the best marketers in the world
- Product variety and diversification
- Tightly integrated with the largest retailers in the US and around the world
- Product innovation
- Distribution channels all over the world
SWOT ANALYSIS 28.
- Health and Beauty products limited to Women Only
- Lagging behind in online media presence & leadership
- Constant innovation = higher prices for consumers
- Health and Beauty for Men
- Doubling Environmental Goals for 2012
- Utilizing online social networks
- Emerging markets
- New acquisition opportunities
- Selling directly to consumers
- Substitute brands that have a cheaper price
- Private label growth
- Slowdown in consumer spending in the US & globally
- Key competitors expanding their product portfolios through acquisitions
- Increase in raw material price
31. 32. 33. 34. Consumers concerns
- Consumer Concerns
- Child Care
- Energy Saving
- Packaged Food
- Tide Cold Water.
- Pringles Potato Chips.
35. 36. GROUP MEMBERS
- Manish Jarani 2010202
- Chaitali Patil2010224
- M Farhan Chaudhari 2010187
- Ramprakash Gupta 2010195
- Tejas Kshemkalyani 2010207
- Pooja Turrey 2010236