Joshua 12 13 Summary Lesson
Embed Size (px)
Never too old or too busy to serve the Lord.
Transcript of Joshua 12 13 Summary Lesson
- Blaine Bowman & HIS Goodtime Band Friday Night, February 19 at 7:00 The Bowmans are coming for a wonderful concert of gospel music. Directions: www.rossvillechurch.com February 19 at 7:00 PM
- Joshua 12 1 Now these are the kings of the land, which the children of Israel smote, and possessed their land on the other side Jordan toward the rising of the sun, from the river Arnon unto mount Hermon, and all the plain on the east :
- 12:6 Them did Moses the servant of the Lord and the children of Israel smite: and Moses the servant of the Lord gave it for a possession unto the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh.
- In verses 7-24 of chapter 12, we find the defeated kings on the west side of Jordan listed. There were 16 in southern Canaan, and 15 in northern Canaan. Thirty-one kings in a land only 150 miles from north to south, And 50 miles from east to west.
- Joshua 13 1 Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the Lord said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed. Land occupied by the Philistines A number of smaller peoples were still in the land to the south. God said He would drive them out.
- 13:7 Now therefore divide this land for an inheritance unto the nine tribes, and the half tribe of Manasseh,
- 14 Only unto the tribe of Levi he gave none inheritance; the sacrifices of the Lord God of Israel made by fire are their inheritance, as he said unto them. The Tribe of Levi were the priests ; They had to be scattered among the people.
- I want to make two points this morning. Joshua 13 1 Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the Lord said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed. God said, "I know that you're old Joshua, But you still have much work to do."
- I heard Dr William O. Roberts preach Monday. He made a point that bears repeating. We go to church to worship our Lord; To celebrate Who He is and what He has done. We serve the Lord in our everyday lives, Living as He teaches us to live, Doing all that He tells us to do.
- There is no time to retire and take our ease from the service of the Lord. No matter who you are, God has work for you to do; God has a Plan for your life. There will be different phases of service: Raising a family to be God-loving adults.
- Pastor a church
- Music ministry
- Personal Witness
- Prayer Warrior
- Life is full when we serve the Lord as He Wills .
- Some will receive their livelihood from the service of the Lord; Others will earn a living on a job, and yet serve the Lord every day of our lives.
- We are not limited to one calling or one ministry.
- All at the same time.
- Matthew 23 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. I am responsible to do all that God has called and gifted me to do. So are you .
- 14 Only unto the tribe of Levi he gave none inheritance; the sacrifices of the Lord God of Israel made by fire are their inheritance, as he said unto them. The tribe of Levi received no specific territory of land as did the other tribes (cf. v. 33 ; 14:3-4 ; 18:7 ). Instead the Levites received 48 towns with pastureland for their flocks and herds ( 14:4 ; 21:41 ) as Moses had specified ( Num. 35:1-5 ). The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty.
- In Genesis 49 Jacob prophesied that the descendants of Levi would be scattered: Anger and Murder In the wilderness the tribe of Levi stood with God (and Moses) against sin. Golden Calf So, they are scattered, with no portion of the land divided to them, But they will serve the Lord and have all their needs met in His Service.
- Twice in this chapter it is noticed, that to the tribe of Levi Moses gave no inheritance: Their mainte-nance (provision for life) must be brought out of all the tribes . The ministers of the Lord should show themselves indifferent about worldly interests , and the people should take care they want (lack) nothing suitable. Matthew Henry Concise Bible Commentary.
- Let us all give ourselves completely unto the Lord, submitting ourselves willingly to His Purpose. Young Older Single Married Just saved Lifetime Christian Whatever our station in life