Happy Mother’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day! May 12, 2013.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Happy Mother’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day! May 12, 2013.
Happy Mother’s Day!Happy Mother’s Day!
May 12, 2013
We Are Blessed by Godly Ladies
• O’Neal is blessed by the work and spiritual dedication of many wonderful women.
•Our congregation would be much different
•without the efforts of all of our ladies
I Kings 3:24-27
• 24 And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king.
• 25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other.
• 26 Then spake the woman whose the living child was unto the king, for her bowels yearned upon her son, and she said, O my lord, give her the living child, and in no wise slay it. But the other said, Let it be neither mine nor thine, but divide it.
• 27 Then the king answered and said, Give her the living child, and in no wise slay it: she is the she is the mother thereof.mother thereof.
• The word Mother or Mothers appear
• About 300 times in the Bible!
•As is the Mother,
• so is her daughter
Some of the mothers mentioned in the Bible
• Mary, the mother of Jesus..Mt.1:21• Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist• Lk.1:60 • Bathsheba, mother of Solomon I Kings1:30• Hannah, Mother of Samuel..I Sam.1:20• Jochebed, mother of Moses,Ex.2:8• Sarah, mother of Isaac Gen. 21:3• Eve, the mother of us all. Gen. 3:20
“That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”
“And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.”
“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” Ps.127:3
“The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.”
“All that I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother.”
“The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.”
• “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.”
“I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.” 1 Tim.5:14
• Interesting facts from God’s word:
• I Tim. 5:14 ‘marry
• bear children’
• Today: have children….and then,
• get married later (maybe)!
A good mother ~ a good wife
1 Cor. 7:1-3 - “affection”
Prov. 31:10-12 - trusts her
A Good mother & A Good WifeWrapped in same package
Mary “found favor with God” Lk.1:30
Set good examples for children
God entrusted babies to their care
“that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,” Tit. 2:4
“Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.” Col. 3:20
God ~ Gen. 1:1; Heb. 1:1
Bible ~ 2 Tim. 2:15;Eph.3:5
Church ~ Matt. 6:33
Morality ~ Psalm 119:104-105
Marriage ~ Heb. 13:5
Self Control ~ I Cor. 16:13
The Hours is untilThe work isn’t
A mother’s work of teaching never runs out.
Titus 2:5 “homemakers”
Prov. 31:27-28 “watches over the ways of her household”
• are God’sare God’s
• glue thatglue that
• holds theholds the
T• O• G• E• T• H• E• R!
When managed correctly – it is truly a GREAT institution!
Mother’s obey God
• And teach your children to obey God.
• Teach them to:
• Hear the Word of God. Rom. 10:17
• Believe in Jesus. John 8:24
• Repent. Acts 17:30-31
• Confess. Matt. 10:32,33
• Be Baptized. I Pet. 3:21
Mother’s obey God and
• Teach them when they err from the
• Truth and leave God:
• 1. To return, Repent. Make a Change.
• Turn to God. Acts 8:22
• 2. Confess and Pray. James 5:16