Happy Mother’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day! May 12, 2013.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Happy Mother’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day! May 12, 2013.
- Slide 1
- Happy Mothers Day! Happy Mothers Day! May 12, 2013
- Slide 2
- We Are Blessed by Godly Ladies ONeal is blessed by the work and spiritual dedication of many wonderful women. Our congregation would be much different without the efforts of all of our ladies
- Slide 3
- I Kings 3:24-27 24 And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king. 25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other. 26 Then spake the woman whose the living child was unto the king, for her bowels yearned upon her son, and she said, O my lord, give her the living child, and in no wise slay it. But the other said, Let it be neither mine nor thine, but divide it. she is the mother thereof.27 Then the king answered and said, Give her the living child, and in no wise slay it: she is the mother thereof.
- Slide 4
- The word Mother or Mothers appear About 300 times in the Bible!
- Slide 5
- Ezekiel 16:44 As is the Mother, so is her daughter
- Slide 6
- Some of the mothers mentioned in the Bible Mary, the mother of Jesus..Mt.1:21 Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist Lk.1:60 Bathsheba, mother of Solomon I Kings1:30 Hannah, Mother of Samuel..I Sam.1:20 Jochebed, mother of Moses,Ex.2:8 Sarah, mother of Isaac Gen. 21:3 Eve, the mother of us all. Gen. 3:20
- Slide 7
- That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. Gen.3:20 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Ps.127:3
- Slide 11
- The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. All that I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother. The mothers heart is the childs schoolroom.
- Slide 12
- Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
- Slide 13
- I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 1 Tim.5:14
- Slide 14
- Interesting facts from Gods word: I Tim. 5:14 marry bear children Today: have children.and then, get married later (maybe)!
- Slide 15
- A good mother ~ a good wife 1 Cor. 7:1-3 - affection Prov. 31:10-12 - trusts her A Good mother & A Good Wife Wrapped in same package
- Slide 16
- Mary found favor with God Lk.1:30 Set good examples for children God entrusted babies to their care
- Slide 17
- that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, Tit. 2:4
- Slide 18
- Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord. Col. 3:20 First Teachers Influential Teachers
- Slide 19
- God ~ Gen. 1:1; Heb. 1:1 Bible ~ 2 Tim. 2:15;Eph.3:5 Church ~ Matt. 6:33 Morality ~ Psalm 119:104-105 Marriage ~ Heb. 13:5 Self Control ~ I Cor. 16:13
- Slide 20
- The Hours is until The work isnt A mothers work of teaching never runs out.
- Slide 21
- Titus 2:5 homemakers Prov. 31:27-28 watches over the ways of her household
- Slide 22
- Mothers MothersMothers are Gods are Gods glue that glue that holds the holds the family family T O G E T H E R!
- Slide 23
- Slide 24
- When managed correctly it is truly a GREAT institution!
- Slide 25
- Mothers obey God And teach your children to obey God. Teach them to: Hear the Word of God. Rom. 10:17 Believe in Jesus. John 8:24 Repent. Acts 17:30-31 Confess. Matt. 10:32,33 Be Baptized. I Pet. 3:21
- Slide 26
- Mothers obey God and Teach them when they err from the Truth and leave God: 1. To return, Repent. Make a Change. Turn to God. Acts 8:22 2. Confess and Pray. James 5:16