Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Gogo Cubes
2. Socialise with The GoGo Cube- experience outdoor furniture that provides you with music & colour. 3.
- What is your project about?
- What idea are you expressing?
- to build an interactive chair & place it in a public space bringing people together.
- What issue are you exploring?
- exploring how people collaborate with others differently, other than social networking.
- finding the relationship between the mood of music & expressing it through colour.
- What is your motivation?
- Why is it important/interesting to you?
- trying to engage people to interact face to face rather than hiding behind a computer.
- Why would other people be interested?
- making this chair interactive by playing classical music & displaying colour themes gives people a reason to sit down and gather around.
- How are you planning to do it?
- What resources do you need?
- we need materials which can support a lot of weight and to be transparent.
- LED lights for the glowing
- force or touch sensors controlling volume of music.
- Speaker and MP3 player
6. 7. Examples of relevant works. Example One:Beat Box Beat Box is an interactive media art. In this project, each beat box contains one sound track and participants try putting six beat boxes together to hear one whole song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN9My2Lh0IA 8. Examples of relevant works. Example Two:Mood Table Mood table: As people press the surface of the table, it displays different light patterns and plays sounds. http://grouplab.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/phidgets/gallery/mood-table.html 9. Examples of relevant works. ExampleThree:ZYGOTE interactive Ball. ZYGOTE is a lightweight inflated ball, illuminated from within, that responds to pressure applied to its surface. Interacting with the ball is simple: punch it, bounce it, squeeze it, or tap it and the ball's internal LEDs react instantly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99oXQ6LSJLg 10. Detailed analysis of related works. ZYGOTE interactive ball. 11.
- Points about ZYGOTE interactive Ball.
- Format for party, clubbing, concert and anycrowd event.
- Defines a new communication method, which shortens the distance between the audiences and the stage.
- It is an interactive and collective game. Audience play an active part in this game/event.
12. Jami Sieber -Hidden Sky Instrumental music - Relaxing, soothing, and good to listen in a public places (especially while your talking) About the music: - T he music has a beautifully deep timbre with an exotic blend of both eastern and western musical ideas. Its slow moving melodies and richly layered harmonies make for a unique and enjoyable listening experience. Technical Stuff - Censor: Force censors to decrease and increasing the volume. (Decrease while you sit) Speakers & mp3 player Issues -S eparating sound and instrument Youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWu9zEbmWh0 13. Sensor Colour my World Materials Transparent, acrylic & perspex Visual -illustration Concepts 14. 15. 16.