Energy Psychology Essentials™ Volume 1 · PDF fileEnergy Psychology Essentials ... and...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Energy Psychology Essentials™ Volume 1 · PDF fileEnergy Psychology Essentials ... and...
Psychological Reversals Basics Module From Energy Psychology Essentials Volume 1:
David Gruder, PhD, DCEP Licensed Psychologist (California) Director of Integrity Revolution, LLC & Willingness Works Founding President, The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP)
October 2008 Version
PR Module From Energy Psychology Essentials Volume 1 Workshop Manual Publishing Notes
Copyright 1998-2008 by Willingness Works Press and Dr. David Gruder
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED UNDER INTERNATIONAL AND PAN-AMERICAN COPYRIGHT CONVENTIONS:
No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic or
mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage or retrieval
system, except as indicated in the text, as may be expressly permitted by the 1976 Copyright Act or
as expressly permitted in writing by the publisher. One exception to this is brief quotations
embodied in critical articles and reviews. Requests for other permissions should be addressed to:
Willingness Works Press
1155 Camino Del Mar, PMB 516
Del Mar, CA 92014 USA
Printed in the United States of America by Willingness Works Press.
Telephone: +1-858-755-1988. Fax: +1-858-876-3044. E-mail: email@example.com
Willingness Works, a subsidiary of Integrity Revolution, LLC, provide maps and other
resources for psychospiritual evolution that empower the public, and the health professionals who
care for them, to more effectively select from and utilize todays overwhelming buffet of solutions
for spiritual development, psychological wellbeing and physical wellness. In addition to providing
training in some of the worlds best methods for psychospiritual development, the Willingness
Works curriculum also shows you how to: 1) Pinpoint where you are in your psychospiritual
development; 2) Determine which tools best fit your needs at each step in your lifelong journey; and
3) Utilize strategies for getting the most from your efforts. For more details, visit the
The Energy Psychology Essentials manual that this module is part of accompanies a training
workshop and is thus not designed to be a free-standing document.
Neither this module, nor the workshop that this module is used in, is intended as a substitute for
psychotherapy or clinical supervision. Your choice to work with this material signifies your
willingness to risk the possibility that you may come in touch with issues that could be distressing
to you, and which may need to work through in psychotherapy with the practitioner of your choice.
As a clinician, it signifies your willingness to take responsibility for ethically using this material in a
professionally responsible way within your licensure and scope of practice. Your use of this
material constitutes your willingness to take responsibility for seeking out personal or professional
assistance if and as necessary.
The material herein is copyrighted. It is also part of a book-in-progress, and as such is confidential
and not to be duplicated without the written permission of the author. For contact information, go to
Second Edition, October 2008 version
Training Modules for Energy Psychology Essentials Two-Weekend Workshop Format
EPE Training Part 1 (Days #1 & 2): Intervention Essentials
1. Introductions & Training Overview Energy Psychology Essentials Level 1: Self-Help-Strength Intervention
2. Basic Energy Psychology Self-Help Mechanics 3. Practicum: Energy Psychology Anywhere script Energy Psychology Essentials Level 2: Practitioner-Strength Intervention
4. Conceptual Introduction to Energy Psychology Practitioner-Strength Essentials: EPE-on-a-Page 5. Energy Checking Practitioner-Strength Essentials 6. Readiness to Benefit Practitioner-Strength Essentials 7. Practicum: Establishing Readiness to Benefit Using Energy Checking 8. Issue Selection Practitioner-Strength Essentials 9. Progress Evaluation Practitioner-Strength Essentials 10. Practicum: Selecting the Priority Goal, Priority Treatment Focus & Progress Evaluation Method
Using Energy Checking
11. Willingness to Succeed Practitioner-Strength Essentials 12. Practicum: Establishing Willingness to Succeed Using Energy Checking 13. Ability to Succeed Practitioner-Strength Essentials 14. Practicum: Identifying & Utilizing the Priority Treatment Method 15. Next Step Practitioner-Strength Essentials 16. Practicum: Determining the Next Step Using Energy Checking 17. Ethics Essentials, Part 1 CONTINUING FROM HERE: Support Buddies & Preparation Homework for Weekend #2
EPE Training Part Two (Days #3 & 4): Advanced Strategies & Troubleshooting Essentials
1. Re-Introductions & Training Overview 2. Review Energy Psychology Self-Help & Practitioner-Strength Essentials 3. Debrief Homework Experiences as a Troubleshooting & Advanced Essentials Introduction Energy Psychology Essentials Level 3: Troubleshooting-Strength Advanced Intervention
4. The Troubleshooting Hierarchy 5. Checking Your Energy Checking Mechanics via the Information Accuracy Troubleshooting
6. Readiness to Benefit Advanced Diagnostics, Troubleshooting Essentials & Practicum 7. Issue Selection Troubleshooting Tips 8. Willingness to Succeed Advanced Diagnostics, Troubleshooting Essentials & Practicum 9. Ability to Succeed Advanced EPE Diagnostics, Custom Intervention Methods & Practicum 10. Next Step Advanced Essentials & Troubleshooting 11. Ethics Essentials, Part 2 12. Full EPE Practicum CONTINUING FROM HERE: Support Buddies, Supervision, Introduction to Intentional Effectiveness
& Other Willingness Works resources, and ACEP resources to know about
Energy Psychology Essentials Introduction
Background Some truly exciting new upgrades in the field of psychology have been unfolding over the last
couple of decades that are beginning to align psychology with the stunning discoveries that have
been made over the past 75 years in the field of quantum physics. Energy Psychology is among
such innovations leading the way into twenty-first century psychotherapy, appearing to provide
rapid, reliable and lasting intervention of a broadening range of psychological issues through
utilizing some of the principles of quantum physics.
Despite having been involved with integrative health and spiritual psychology since the mid 1970s,
I had to battle with the classically trained clinical psychologist part of me to put aside my great
reluctance and skepticism in order to attend my first Energy Psychology training program in 1995.
This proved to be the beginning of a quite unexpected odyssey that resulted in my becoming the
Founding President of the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology in 1999. This non-
profit organization has since grown into the preeminent international leader in helping the Energy
Psychology field mature and expand its visibility. I retired as ACEPs Founding President in 2002
only to return to help create, consult and be a trainer for ACEPs certification programs.
Prior to co-founding ACEP, I had developed the first training program in Energy Psychology
methods that was granted Continuing Education credit in Californias highly selective Mandatory
Continuing Education Program for Psychologists. One aspect of my leadership commitment as
ACEPs Founding President was to obtain in-depth training in as many Energy Psychology methods
as my time and energy allowed. The list of methods in which I have been trained is too long to
include here, but I mention this because part of my mission was to distill the common ingredients
among the various methods. My gift as an innovator is not developing completely new methods but
rather in integrating multiple theories or methods into a unified superstructure.
Energy Psychology Essentials is the result of my integration efforts in the field of Energy
Psychology, which remains to this day but one of my areas of professional and personal interest.
Mastering the Energy Psychology Essentials superstructure appears to enable practitioners to
become excellent Energy Psychology practitioners and troubleshooters. This superstructure also
seems to provide practitioners with a big-picture understanding that makes it much easier integrate
future training many choose to receive in specialized Energy Psychology methods. I hope that you
Energy Psychology Essentials training provides you with these benefits and much more!
What is Energy Psychology? Energy Psychology (EP) is the name of a recently-emerging family of mind-body integrative
interventions that appear to rapidly and durably intervene with a range of psychological and
spiritual issues, from phobias, trauma and limiting beliefs, to peak performance and creativity. EP
methods accomplish this through combining conventional psychotherapeutic principles with
explicitly and methodically rebalancing aspects of the human vibrational matrix. This matrix may
include over a half dozen inter-related systems, the most well-known of which are the layers of the
electromagnetic biofield (the energetic envelope surrounding and permeating the body), chakras
(centers of concentrated bioenergy) and meridians (pathways through which electromagnetic