Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Donald Trump
- 1. Donald Trump Young Liu Period 2 Mrs. Gluck
- Donald Trump Business man, author, socialite, TV personality Whatisnthe?
- CEO of Trump Organization and founder of Trump Entertainment resorts
- Host and executive producer of NBC reality showTheApprentice
- Very successful ventures into real estate resulting in great profits and returns
- However, at the same time very much concerned with his image
- Highly values hisperceivedwealth as a means of making successful business deals
- Experts have trouble figuring out exact wealth he overestimates his wealth
- Highly exaggerated and outlandish behavior make him a (in)famous celebrity
- Born in NYC June 14 th , 1946
- Father had great influence on him, helped him with property developing
- My father was my mentor, I learned a tremendous amount about every aspect of construction industry from him
- Graduated from Wharton school in 1968 with Bachelor of Science in economics degree
- Soon after began to work with father in the Trump Organization
- Everything he seems to touch turns to gold
4. Business Successes
- Learned much of real estate from father
- Even in college, revitalized foreclosed Swifton Village apartment for 6 million profit
- Eager to make his mark, helped renovate/build projects at fractions of the budget given by the governement
- Acquire many exclusive and prestigious properties including Trump Casino, International hotel, Marina Hotel and Casino, Taj Mahal Casino resort and Trump Tower
- Often paid millions just to market his name on buildings even if he doesnt own it
- World class golf course developer
- Often marks buildings with a signature T or significant areas of the building
5. Business "Image"
- Donald Trumps true value and success are hard to gauge
- A 2005 book citing anonymous sources cited he was worth between $150-$250 million
- Trump promptly sued him for defamation as it would cause him to lose out on future deals
- When asked whether he has exaggerated his wealth, he responded I think everybody does, who wouldnt?
- A newsletter reported he has a small interest in a building where he had a 30% limited partnership
- Donald Trump quickly sent a note of Youre a real loser. Is 50% small?
- He often only makes mental projections of his 4-6 billion claimed wealth
- Regardless of his true worth, Trump values hisperceivedimage to seal the deal.
6. Media Ventures
- Host and executive producer of the successful showThe Apprentice Youre fired!
- Initially paid $50,000 per episode but now makes 3 million per episode
- Owns the Miss Universe Organization of companies including the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen pagents
- Has held multiple WrestleMania events as a major WWE fan
- Multiple cameos in shows such asThe Fresh Prince of Bel-AirandHome Alone 2: Lost in New York
- Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
7. Media "Image"
- Famous trademark saying inThe Apprentice:Youre Fired!
- "I mean, there's no arguing. There is no anything. There is no beating around the bush. "You're fired" is a very strong term."
- Interesting quotes from NY times Interview:
- Why dont you invest with me? I said jokingly, No thanks, I can lose my own money.
- What if your style of showy materialism has become pass? Great apartments and homes and things of extreme luxury will never be out of fashion. Thats what people aspire to.
- They say all men are created equal. Its not true. Some people are born very smart, some people are born not so smart.
- Whats your I.Q.?Very high. They dont get any higher.
- You should make this interview a five-page deal. Because of me, everybody will read it.
- From this interview its very easy to tell Donald Trumps controversial, exaggerated style that establishes his role as a socialite and celebrity
- Unique haircut >>
8. Youre FIRED. 9.
- Frangos, Alex. "Trump on Trump: Testimony Offers Glimpse of How He Values His Empire."
- Wall Street Journal[New York City] 18 May 2009: A1. Web. 21 Sept. 2009.
- Solomon, Deborah. "If He Builds It."Times Magazine29 Mar. 2009: MM12. 25 Mar. 2009.
- Web. 21 Sept. 2009.
- Itzkoff, Dave. "Reluctant Apprentices."New York Times[New York City] 31 Dec. 2006,Television sec. Web. 21 Sept. 2009.
- "Donald Trump Biography."WoopidooDonald Trump Biography . Web. 22 Sept. 2009.