Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Windows8 vdt
- 1. Introduction Windows 8 is an operating system produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets, and home theater PCs. Windows 8 introduces significant changes to the operating system's graphical user interface and platform. such as a new interface design incorporating a new design language used by other Microsoft products.
- 2. windows8 Windows 8 introduces significant changes to the operating system's graphical user interface and platform. such as a new interface design incorporating a new design language used by other Microsoft products.
- 3. Hardware Requirements PROCESSOR RAM GRAPHICS CARD HDD 3 2bit 1 GHZ X-86 1 GB 64 bit 1 GHZ X-86 64 processor 2 GB DIRECT -X 9 GRAPHICS WITH WDDM 1.0 16 GB FREE 20 GB FREE SPACE A multi-touch screen is also required to take advantage of touch input. For Metro applications, a screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher is required.
- 7. Features Windows Live ID Integration With Windows 8 you could now move to clouds. With this new feature you can integrate your local account with Windows Live ID account and synchronize your data online. Undoubtedly its one of the remarkable features as it ensures that whether your system crashes or you lose your device, all your data will be safe and secure.
- 8. Picture/pattern password Secure passwords are hard to memorize. You can perform gestures on a picture of your choice to log in or otherwise a pattern. The only problem I see is that gestures are easy to spot by someone at your back.
- 9. Faster Hybrid Boot This feature will combine the shutdown and hibernate process of earlier version of Windows thus booting Windows in 8 to 10 seconds on supported machines.
- 10. Internet Explorer 10 Windows 8 is having a new kind of browsing application in its package called Internet explorer 10.
- 11. Plug-in Free Browsing Not only does IE 10 significantly change the UI, it also changes the way you will be browsing. IE 10 is favoring HTML 5 over the traditional plug-in architecture and will actually run by default with no plug-in.
- 12. Metro style User Interface Windows 8 is a new kind of device combining laptop, desktop and tablet operating system together. You can have 10-inch touch-only tablets, big screen in your living room or massive gaming systems and business desktops. http://www.cybervally.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/shut-down-windows-8.jpg
- 13. Simpler Task Manager Windows 8 will come with a revolutionary new Task Manager. The Task Manager will have two kind of views, simple and advanced. In simple view you will be able to see list of running applications and an end task button to simply kill a running task.
- 14. All New Windows Explorer The first thing you will notice when you launch your Windows explorer is the ribbon interface. The new ribbon menu will bring all your frequently used file operation commands right in front of you and thus next time.
- 15. You can put two apps on screen side by side or access traditional Windows desktop for richer apps.
- 16. Better File Operations Firstly, when you copy stuff around, especially when you perform multiple copy operations, all of the info is consolidated into one dialog. No more doing 10 copies and having 10 different windows pop up. What youll also notice is the new pause feature. Finally, you can pause a copy operation in the middle of it
- 17. If you click More Details, you can see the speed of the data transfer the trend and the amount of data left in the transfer. Windows 8 will feature enhanced real-time information on how long it will take to copy a file unlike the crappy clocks of previous versions of Windows. Users will be able to see operational graphs, transfer speeds as well.
- 18. Refresh/Reset Your PC Two cool new features of Windows 8 are the refresh and reset options. Reset will remove all your personal data, apps, and settings and reinstall Windows. Refresh will keep all data, apps and settings and reinstall Windows.
- 19. Built-in Antivirus Moreover, Windows 8 has an antivirus present inside the kernel of the operating system. This means that your system wont boot if a corrupt USB device is plugged in. It sounds impressive though I dont know whether it would pass the test of time. and viruses I genuinely believe that Microsoft is finally ready to launch an OS which will take the world by storm!
- 20. Scaling for Different Screen Sizes Along with the new UI interface, there have been many improvements in Windows 8 for scaling to different screen resolutions, screen sizes and pixel densities. Even though this may seem minor, you will be able to use Windows 8 on everything from a small Windows phone to a giant 30 inch screen with a 2560 1600 resolution
- 21. Windows Store and Apps The Metro interface looks and feels like a Smartphone or tablet OS, and following that theme is the inclusion of the Windows Store in Windows 8. This online shop front is stuffed full of Windows apps each designed to run on x86 Windows PCs, laptops and tablets, as well as ARM tablets and smart phones. Windows 8 apps follow the same design principle as Metro - being constructed of cascading live tiles of information, in primary colors.
- 22. Security, Cloud, Task manager There are a couple of other relatively minor, but signific