Why a photo? S Tips for a Professional LinkedIn Tips for a Professional LinkedIn Photo Why a photo?
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Why a photo? S Tips for a Professional LinkedIn Tips for a Professional LinkedIn Photo Why a photo?
Tips for a Professional LinkedIn Photo
Why a photo?
People with a photo are seven times more likely to get viewed. Don’t lose out because you’re too shy to show your face.
5 tips you can use for your own profiles:
1. Dress to reflect the atmosphere of the profession that you’re in or hope to join.
2. Choose a picture that conveys your energy and personality.
3. Be aware of your posture. Sit up straight. Good posture signifies confidence and competence.
4. Make sure your eyes are relaxed and you have a smile on your face.
5. Posting a photo is a must, especially for women who have married and changed their names. Or if you have a common name such as "Nicole Williams," since there can be several people with the same name on the site.
Dress Professionally. Since LinkedIn is a professionally oriented platform, make sure that your photo depicts you in a manner appropriate for your field. Typically this means a dress shirt or blouse, a shirt and tie, or even a suit. Choose solid dark colors like or black. Avoid white; it can make you appear washed out. Avoid wearing a strapless dress or top; if you are showing your shoulders in the picture, a strapless top will make you appear naked (and definitely unprofessional)!
E X A M P L E S