Wales By Gwendolyn Curtis By Gwendolyn Curtis 3MO 3MO.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Wales By Gwendolyn Curtis By Gwendolyn Curtis 3MO 3MO.
- Slide 1
- Wales By Gwendolyn Curtis By Gwendolyn Curtis 3MO 3MO
- Slide 2
- My Questions 1. Where is Wales located, how does it influence how they live? 2. What does the Welsh flag mean and does it mean something special ? 3. What kind of clothes do Welsh people wear ? 4. How big is Wales ? 5. Who was the first ruler ? 6. Why did they make castles in Wales? 7. Why is Wales called Wales? 8. Why does Wales have ST. David's day? 9. Who founded Wales ? 10.How does Wales communicate with the U.K.? 11. How did Diana become a princess and why? 12. What do Welsh people eat? 12. What do Welsh people eat? Red= thick Blue =thin
- Slide 3
- This is my Thick Questions 1.Where is Wales located, how does it influence how welsh people live ? 2. What does the flag mean and does it mean something special ? 6. Why did they make castles in Wales? 12. What do Welsh people eat?
- Slide 4
- Why did they make castles in Wales? Wales was not only defeated and pacified (the center of the earth)but fully made into the systems of English local Government and law to protect them self's. If you go to wales you might want to see the castles!! Wales was also made for many centuries, but England defeated the last Welsh prince in 1282. Wales became part of Great Britain in 1536.
- Slide 5
- Where is Wales located, how does it influence how they live ? Where is Wales located, how does it influence how they live ? Wales is the country that Im researching. It is in the United Kingdom. London is the capital is of United Kingdom but Cardiff is the capital of Wales. Wales is in the western and northern hemispheres. The Irish sea, North sea, Celtic sea and English channel surround the U.K. In Wales the population is a little over 3,000,000. The national anthem is called Land of My Fathers. It is a little rainy in the U.K because Ireland is almost raining everyday and that is why it is rainy in the U.K. As you can see welsh people almost always have to have an extra umbrella and it does snow in the U.K a lot!
- Slide 6
- 2. What does the flag mean and does it mean something special ? Wales is a country for info on it's flag see below. More on: Uncategorized How do you say Spirits in Kenyan? Adam There is no such language as "Kenyan". You would have to specify which of the 63 different languages of Kenya you are talking about. more more What is the meaning of sasa in kenyan language? Adam There is no such language as "Kenyan". You would have to specify which of the 63 different languages of Kenya you are talking about.... more more
- Slide 7
- What do Welsh people eat? Out of all of the Welsh foods my mom makes Welsh rarebit is my favorite. Welsh rarebit is cheese sauce on a thin slice of bread and if you want to you can add ingredients like thin slice of sauges. This dish is good for children and adults, they love it too!!! Welsh rarebit is good in taste, made with healthy ingeridince, and is good for you. ( I hope you enjoy welsh rarebit!!) They also eat welsh cakes and some things from England and the U.K, sometime Welsh people eat some things Americans eat too.
- Slide 8
- Wales where my relatives lived! ! I was born in California. Im living in Beijing right now! The Countries I am connected to. Phonexe is where I have lived Nicaragua is where I have lived
- Slide 9
- This is the flag and the castle
- Slide 10
- The Map of Wales and its friends In orange is Wales
- Slide 11
- Double day kids Atlas Fish guard is on the coast of southWales. Most welsh people live in thesouth because in the north ismountains. Northern Ireland is inUnited kingdom
- Slide 12
- This is what welsh people eat!!
- Slide 13
- More foods
- Slide 14
- Places in wales Garden in wales A castle in wales Church in cardiff
- Slide 15
- My KWL on culture
- Slide 16
- Queen Elizabeth I This paragraph is about Queen Elizabeth 1.Her parentsare Henry VII and Anne Boleyn. (Some people dontbelieve me I say this I am related to her!) She isawesome!!! Henry VII had married to 6 women. The firstchild to be on the throne was Edward VI and then Maryher sister and then her. Their were two relations RomanCatholics. Some people call Elizabeth the Virgin Queen.
- Slide 17
- Citations or source 3OCultureResearch2 - Carter http://3moculture2013.wikispaces.com/ndex.php http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-portal-display?id=S200004207-0-761 http://www.mycapstonelibrary.com/RuntimeBookList.aspx http://safari.isb.bj.edu.cn/SAFARI/montage/login.php?Error=Login%20r equired missing%20session%20information:%20session%20ok%20fla g:%20user%20id http://www.answers.com/
- Slide 18
- Books: United Kingdom by Neil Grant The illustrated world Atlas By Dr. Alasdair Rogers People By Peter Spier Great Britain By Helen Arnold The double day Kids
- Slide 19
- Primary Sources Mom (Lara Harris) Dad (Jesse Curtis) Mrs.ORelly Librarian (Mrs. Bonne) ME!
- Slide 20
- Slide 21
- Good bye Im so sorry but I need to go!