Using Locator Plus With Worldcat
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Using Locator Plus With Worldcat
- 1. Using LocatorPlus with Worldcat.org Locating Books in Your Neighborhood Mark D. Puterbaugh Information Services Librarian Warner Memorial Library Eastern University
2. Two Powerful Resources
- LocatorPlusis the catalog of the over 1.2 million items found in the National Library of Medicines collection. It includes information about books, audiovisuals, journals, computer files, and other materials.
- WorldCatis a catalog of over 10,000 libraries located throughout the globe.
By searching Locator Plus for health, medical and related life science materials you can find the nearest library that has the item. Great for commuters or distance learners who cant come toWarner Library. 3. Warner Library Agreements
- The Library has reciprocal agreements with many local academic libraries.
- Look on the Librarys website for information concerning a library near you.
Information concerning the use of local libraries is available under the Books link on the Librarys website. 4. Search LocatorPlus Choose LocatorPlus to begin a search session. To find the National Library of Medicines catalog use URLhttp://locatorplus.gov/ . 5. Search LocatorPlus Limit to a keyword search. Limit the search to books alone. Type the term nursing informatics into the search form. Enter a search term and begin looking for books. 6. Search LocatorPlus Choose the book you want to view by selecting the link from the title. View the results list. 7. Search LocatorPlus To locate the closest library that owns this book select the Find Other Libraries That Own This to search WorldCat for this item. Look at a LocatorPlus bibliographic record. 8. Link to WorldCat.org From the WorldCat results list select the link to the desired book. View the worldcat.org results list. 9. Link to WorldCat.org The record presents further information concerning the book. Look for a library near your location.The lower part of that record presents a list of libraries where the book is located. 10. Link to WorldCat.org Its best to contact the library and check on guest circulation policies .
- The record provides:
- a link to the librarys catalog
- distance from your location
- information about the library.
Find details about the library near your location. 11. Ask A Librarian
- If you need help contact the Reference Desk.
- We can help you locate the materials that you need.
Always ask a librarian when you need help.