Embed Size (px)
TRANSFORMATION DESIGN is a new approch to organizational change management. It is based on Design Thinking, Collaboration and Gamification. It is prooven and brings great results in your change initiatives. Try it out.
Transcript of TRANSFORMATION DESIGN
- 1. HLP entwicklungspartner GbR . Voltastrae 31 . D-60486 Frankfurt . email@example.com Telefon: 0049(69)43 00 820-00 . Telefax: 0049(69)43 00 820-10 . www.hlp-entwicklungspartner.de Dr. Jens-Peter Abresch Fabian Berg Clemens Frowein TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN Next Generation Change Management - for Organization-Movers and Lean Enterprise-Changers 6. August 2013
- 2. epepepep TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN Change the way you changeChange the way you changeChange the way you changeChange the way you change Become a OrganizationBecome a OrganizationBecome a OrganizationBecome a Organization----MoverMoverMoverMover and Enterpriseand Enterpriseand Enterpriseand Enterprise----DisruptorDisruptorDisruptorDisruptor Change with new spirit ofChange with new spirit ofChange with new spirit ofChange with new spirit of Design Thinking +Design Thinking +Design Thinking +Design Thinking + CollaborationCollaborationCollaborationCollaboration
- 3. epepepep TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN Transformation and change management often is planned and orchestrated by experts and consultants. Managers and affected employees find this quite normal. But not to involve those who are subjects to the transformation in the design process already is giving away a huge opportunity. We learned from the field of strategy with the approach of Alex Osterwalder (Business Model Generation) , that this kind of early involvement leads to more successful results also in change management. Thats why we created a tool and a process for designing and modeling organizational change to be used by teams and people with ownership of the transformation. At the core of this approach is the Transformation Canvas. We understand this tableau as a common grammar for teams to design transformation. It is used as a collaborative tool where the team can work on by visualizing the input. After many workshops and sessions with the canvas we see that the instrument is highly effective. It can be used for large scale transformations, for team based or even individual changes. People are rapidly understanding and using the tool. It has a huge impact on multiplication and dynamics of transformation processes. collaborativecollaborativecollaborativecollaborative systemicsystemicsystemicsystemic eeeexplorativexplorativexplorativexplorative & creative& creative& creative& creative hhhhuman centricuman centricuman centricuman centric Transformation DesignTransformation DesignTransformation DesignTransformation Design CanvasCanvasCanvasCanvas
- 4. epepepep TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN Transformation Design CanvasTransformation Design CanvasTransformation Design CanvasTransformation Design Canvas
- 5. epepepep TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN Vision, Strategy, Motive, Signification Identity / Mirror of the Self (where we are today) New Performance/ New Results Affected People/Groups & Relationships (Target Group of Transformation) New Capabilities Change Levers & key interventions Roadmap of the Transformation copyright Set the ambition: Results that improve Tangible improvements in finance, market impact, processes, behavior How can we measure and monitor the transformation Measurable results (e.g. EBITDA); Market and process performance (e.g. T2M); KPIs (costs, quality, time) Employee related results Intangible results, visible patters, vital signs Map the System: Affected people/groups/ Stakeholder.. Who exactly is affected by the change? Who gets touched /who is not? Where do we draw the line? Who are the stakeholders of the change? Outline the mental framework: feelings and intuitions that shape our behavior and actions... Who bears the change? Where is the energy? What mixed emotions and resistances we expect? What triggers the emotions? What are the limitations of short-term achievable? Where personal gains or opportunities have been identified? Who are the leaders and opinion leaders? How are the informal power relationships? Choose the drivers and key interventions for the transformation.. What are the smartest pressure / pain / pull points to trigger the learning process? What we have tangible moves to leverage the people and the organization to achieve new capabilities for new performance? Where do we focus on: people, structures, processes, systems, rules and values ? Design the architecture: Setup, steering and (reporting) structure to realize the levers... What interventions such as / when implemented? (Architecture / Roadmap) Which focus at what stage? How do we engage people? How do we multiply? What change prototypes can we build? What methods will work? How do we manage, how do we support? Who has to do what, more, less, better to achieve the goals of the transformation What exactly want / need to learn? What we do not want un-learn? Leadership skills (attitude & crafts)? System capabilities (IT support systems)? Co-operation skills (processes, projects, lines)? Chart the course: Where are we going, the drive and ambition to transform ... Drive and motivation: What are the reasons for the transformation? Why do we break new ground? Attractive visions of where we want to be short, medium and long term? What we want to raise estimates? What are our professional passions from which we draw strength for the goal and the way? If we are already at the destination would be, what would that look, how it leads to? Hold up the mirror to yourself: Where do we come from? What we can build on? Where we stand today? Calm, respectful and at the same time unvarnished, honest self-examination? What abilities and (favorable / unfavorable) cultural patterns we have today? What is difficult for us? Where are our hidden treasures"? What are the strengths and weaknesses we work with?
- 6. epepepep TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN 6 StepStepStepStep 1:1:1:1: SetSetSetSet UpUpUpUp &&&& taketaketaketake offoffoffoff What is the topic and subject of the transformation? What is the scope? Non-Scope? Who should be involved in the process? Prepare the process StepStepStepStep 2222 ExploreExploreExploreExplore andandandand observeobserveobserveobserve Research, Interviews Hypotheses Investigate the change culture StepStepStepStep 3:3:3:3: Design, Prototype, TestDesign, Prototype, TestDesign, Prototype, TestDesign, Prototype, Test Outline the transformation design Outline of actions and interventions Prototype the design, test it Commit on common game plan i.e. roadmap StepStepStepStep 54545454 manage,manage,manage,manage, LearnLearnLearnLearn,,,, ImproveImproveImproveImprove Plan the moves Interventions and actions Monitoring/ observation Re-adjust the approach Learn and acquire new capabilities UUUU----shapeshapeshapeshape Transformation DesignTransformation DesignTransformation DesignTransformation Design
- 7. epepepep TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN Vision, Strategy, Motive, Signification Identity / Mirror of the Self (where we are today) New Performance/ New Results Affected People/Groups & Relationships New Capabilities Change Levers & Interventions Roadmap of Transformation copyright
- 8. epepepep TRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGNTRANSFORMATION DESIGN
- 9. HLP entwicklungspartner at a glance Dr. Jens-Peter Abresch Fabian Berg Jrg Eigenbrodt Clemens Frowein Dr. Werner Jung Andreas Pchhacker Thomas Schmitt We support the management and employees of companies and organizations in their strategic orientation and development processes. Our standard for good consulting practice is to provide an effective and sustainable contribution to enhancing the capabilities and performance potential of the organizations we advise. As consultants we always combine specialist competence with the capability to moderate and steer complex social change processes. Our advisory services are guided by our personal commitment and co- responsibility for the success of the joint work. Overview Establishment 10/ 2010 7 Partners Associated consultants and comprehensive partner network Joint Venture Partnership with HLP Swiss Community of Professionals Management consulting and coaching Aim: High Impact advisory Partners
- 10. Our consulting app