Thursday, February 5 th 2015. Agenda ï‚ Booster Mission ï‚ Budget...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Thursday, February 5 th 2015. Agenda ï‚ Booster Mission ï‚ Budget...
- Slide 1
- Thursday, February 5 th 2015
- Slide 2
- Agenda Booster Mission Budget Recap NTCA Percussion Contest March for Water 5K All Region Recap Spring Trip 2015-2016 Band Leadership, Hype Day, Registration/Auditions Fundraising Upcoming Dates
- Slide 3
- Booster Mission The Band Booster Club is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to help promote a better band, school and community spirit by volunteering our time and skills as well as provide financial support to full-fill the goals and objectives set forth by the Band Directors. Without all these components our student experience is negatively impacted.
- Slide 4
- Budget Recap Income
- Slide 5
- Budget Recap Expenses
- Slide 6
- NTCA Percussion Contest February 28th Thank you to all who volunteered at our first contest! We will again need EVERYONES help for this one Ask your friends and relatives to help too SUG will go out soon Come to support the Drumline and see them perform!
- Slide 7
- March for Water 5K Sat, March 21 st, - 8am Combined fundraiser between Band and PALS Band, Drumline & Color Guard will perform on this date (please mark on family calendars) www.marchforwater5k.com www.marchforwater5k.com Great way for the whole family to come support the Band and a great cause All information found on the website Presenting Sponsor:
- Slide 8
- All-Region Student Recap 6- 9 th Grade Band Members 16- HS Band Members 2- Area Qualifiers Jisu Jung- Flute Sam Miyashita- Trumpet 1- All Stater Congratulations to Jisu Jung, for finishing 1 st amongst all flutes at Area! She will travel next week on an all-expenses paid trip to San Antonio to perform with the Texas All-State Band!
- Slide 9
- Spring Trip Branson, MO Thu, April 30 th - Sun, May 3 rd We currently have 129 students attending the Spring Trip to Branson We take 1 chaperone for every 10 students Our Wind Symphony and combined Symphonic/Concert Band will perform at a competition in Branson Bands will compete with their UIL Concert programs Final Trip Payment is due Friday, February 27 th We will have to cancel spring trip registrations if not paid in full. Please visit with Susan Justitz, Band Treasurer if you have questions about your trip account
- Slide 10
- Next Year Heres whats going on We have assembled a new design team for Next Years show! Drew Shanefield Music Arranger The Cavaliers, Coppell HS, BOA Judge Andy Toth Visual Designer The Cavaliers, Carmel HS, Pride of Cincinnati
- Slide 11
- GCISD Band Orientation aka Hype Day Saturday, April 18 th 9am-4pm Morning Session: 9am-12:00pm (8 th Grade) Afternoon Session: 1pm-4pm (8 th + Returning) Colleyville MS Stadium & Gym Intro to marching fundamentals for all GCISD Band students, regardless of HS attending Will include a fun Social event!
- Slide 12
- 2015-2016 Marching Band Registration & Auditions Saturday, April 25 th CHHS Band Hall Morning Rehearsal: 8am-10am Auditions & Registration: 10:30am-4pm (by instrument) First payment of $100 Due Will be able to order uniform items and spirit wear for next season
- Slide 13
- Leadership Training Leadership positions selection process will consist of the following: Application, notebook 2 weekends to complete from Fri, Feb 6 th Due Wed, Feb 18 th Leadership Training Begins Mon, Feb 23 rd Morning mornings through Mon, Mar 23 rd Interview/audition for specific positions Drum Majors Week of March 30 th Captains Week of April 6 th Student Instructors Week of April 13 th We work to create a pool of candidates and provide them training and opportunity to develop leadership traits. Not all students are selected, but they all receive training and feedback over several weeks. Open to any student in good academic standing, with no loss of eligibility during the school year.
- Slide 14
- Next Years Fees Goal: Your fee goes further $100 - April 25 th (75% refund after this time for those who drop) $150 - May 25 th (75%) $150 - June 25 th (50%) $150 -July 25 th (25%) $100 - August 25 th (0%) Total: $650 Sibling Discount 50% for the 2 nd student 25% for the 3 rd and beyond
- Slide 15
- Fundraising Update Pampered Chef Fundraiser begins tonight! (February 5th 19 th ) Main Street Days - May 15 th 17 th Watch email for signup links!
- Slide 16
- Upcoming Dates NTCA Percussion Contest: Sat, February 28 th Hosted by CHHS Band Next Parent Meeting: March 19th March For Water 5K: Sat, March 21 st Hosted by CHHS Band and PALS Pre-UIL Concert: Thurs, April 2 nd UIL Concert and Sight Reading: April 16 th and 17 th Marching Band Orientation: Sat, April 18 th Marching Band Training: Wed-Fri, April 22 nd 24 th Marching Band Auditions & Registration Day: Sat, April 25 th Main Street Days: Fri-Sun, May 15 th 17 th Spring Concert: Thurs, May 28 th Band Banquet: Sat, May 30 th Summer Band Camp Begins: Wed, July 29 th Continues Monday-Friday until First Day of School Please check the band calendar often!