There Will Come Soft Rains By: Ray Bradbury. Vocabulary O Titanic: adj. powerful, of great size O A...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of There Will Come Soft Rains By: Ray Bradbury. Vocabulary O Titanic: adj. powerful, of great size O A...
- Slide 1
- There Will Come Soft Rains By: Ray Bradbury
- Slide 2
- Vocabulary O Titanic: adj. powerful, of great size O A single titanic wave sank the ship. O Paranoia: n. mental disorder characterized by delusions O His irrational fear of crowded places could be a sign or paranoia. O Fluttered: v. flapped or vibrated rapidly O The papers fulttered in the wind and then blew away.
- Slide 3
- O Manipulated: v. managed or controlled through clear moves O The sculptor molded and manipulated the clay into different shapes. O Tremulous: adj. trembling; quivering; timid; fearful O The cup shook in his tremulous hands. O Oblivious: adj. unaware O Oblivious to the shark that was quickly approaching, the turtle swam peacefully
- Slide 4
- Anticipatory Questions On the back of your paper answer the following
- Slide 5
- True or False O Technology can hurt society. O A home is made by its occupants. O The human race will self destruct one day. O Change is always good. O Our lives have become less meaningful due to technology. O The future always has promis.
- Slide 6
- Five minutes: Write at least a paragraph over what this image makes you think of.
- Slide 7
- Lets Read the Story O Keep your piece of paper out to take notes on as we read the story out loud. O There are not many characters in this piece. O Try to guess what has happened as we read.