Springwise weekly | reading the web at 600 wpm, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new...
Embed Size (px)
YOUR WEEKLY FIX OF ENTREPRENEURIAL IDEAS We’ve selected 15 new business ideas this week that will provide entrepreneurs with plenty of inspiration. Spotted from countries all around the world, these ideas offer a taste of what’s to come.
Transcript of Springwise weekly | reading the web at 600 wpm, and the rest of this week’s most exciting new...
- ! YOUR WEEKLY FIX OF ENTREPRENEURIAL IDEAS ! !! 27-05 March 2014 ! ! ! ! !!
- ! YOUR WEEKLY FIX OF ENTREPRENEURIAL IDEAS ! Top 10 business ideas & opportunities for 2014! ! 27-05 March 2014 ! ! Weve selected 15 new business ideas that will provide ! entrepreneurs with plenty of inspiration. Spotted from ! countries all around the world, these ideas offer a taste of whats to come.! !!
- 1. Read a 300-page book in 90 minutes with this app! As online content continues to be increasingly consumed through mobile platforms, its no wonder were seeing new formats to deliver information more quickly and uidly. In the past, weve seen Wibbitz present any news story as a visual and dynamic infographic instead of plain old text. But now Spritz believes that humans can read much faster using its system of streaming text at up to 1,000 words per minute.! Read more about Spritz !
- 2. This machine turns water into wine! Home beer brewing is already a popular activity for hobbyists and ale lovers, but many people might think that winemaking is preserved for the vineyards of France. Hoping to change that, The Miracle Machine is a device for the home that makes a bottle of ne wine from simple ingredients in a couple of days.! Read more about The Miracle Machine !
- 3. Service lets web users sell their data for cash! Most people are uneasy about companies making money from the personal data they make available online, but are happy to turn a blind eye if it means they can continue using services such as Facebook for free. Aiming to give web users more control over what they share, Datacoup is a marketplace that lets anyone sell their personal information direct to advertisers.! Read more about Datacoup !
- 4. Caf for cats set to open in London! Animal lovers dont like to go anywhere without their dogs and cats, but public venues arent so keen on lling their space with pets aside from the occasional pet-friendly hotels weve seen in the past. Opening this weekend in London, Lady Dinahs Cat Emporium is not only open to cat-lovers, but even has its own resident felines to entertain guests.! Read more about Lady Dinahs Cat Emporium !
- 5. Augmented book enhances the story with tactile sensations! The publishing industry is one that has been hit particularly hard by the advent of digital, but the technology can bring new experiences to reading. In the past weve seen Polands Elektrobiblioteka offer extra digital content when readers turn the page, and hoping to enhance the emotional experience of reading now the Sensory Fiction project coming out of MIT has developed a harness that delivers haptic feedback at relevant points in the narrative.! Read more about the Sensory Fiction !
- 6. Hair clip collects evidence in the case of a street attack! This is part of a series of articles that looks at entrepreneurs hoping to get their ideas off the ground through crowdfunding. At the time of writing, each of these innovations is currently seeking funding.! ! Traditional attack alarms for women may not discourage the most determined criminals, often only really work if someone is nearby to hear the signal and can often be mistaken for a car alarm. Making the devices more discreet and smart, First Sign is a hairclip that automatically detects a violent attack, noties friends and relatives, and collects evidence to help secure a prosecution.! Read more about First Sign !
- 7. QR code name tags help return kids stuff to their owners! Smartphones come with a number of technologies that enable them to detect the presence of objects that have gone missing, from GPS and Bluetooth, to RFID which has been used in innovations such as the Bikn locator tag. Other items that currently arent enabled with such technology are still prone to evade discovery however, especially when it comes to kids stuff at school. From Australia, StrayHat is using QR code name tags to make the return of lost objects easier for parents.! Read more about StrayHat !
- 8. Vending machine promises hot burritos in 60 seconds! While organic, fresh, gourmet superfood salads straight from a vending machine are making healthy meals a cinch, lets face it sometimes all you want is a burrito. Burritobox is a new vending machine that delivers ve different types of lled tortillas on demand.! Read more about the Burritobox !
- 9. Project turns URLs into book synopses to promote reading! Web URLs can be a mess of letters and numbers, which often prompts businesses to use shortening services such as Bitly to make them more presentable or tweetable. However, a new project believes that the abridged nature of online communication is killing peoples desire to read. Turning URL shortening on its head, URLITERATURE is a service that lengthens any web address with text from popular books.! Read more about URLITERATURE !
- 10. Africa-friendly DIY shoe can be made by the people that wear them Many people in the poor, rural areas of developing countries spend the majority of their time carrying out tasks that citizens of the West simply dont need to. This means they dont have the time to pursue their own work and instead rely heavily on aid and donated products. The KLEM project now aims to help those in Malawi use available local resources to create their own shoes following a simple design.! Read more about KLEM !
- 11. App lets moms with baby health questions text doctors 24/7! While services such as BetterDoctor have previously made it easier for patients to nd a doctor thats better suited to their needs than their local one, it doesnt solve the problem of the laborious process thats required to register with them and arrange an appointment. First Opinion is an app that opens up direct and instant communication between moms and doctors who are also parents, in order to offer expert advice in real time.! Read more about First Opinion !
- 12. Live concert app launches seamless bar tab platform for venues! Bars are busy at the best of times, but its especially the case at gigs and concerts where theres a mad rush to get a drink before the next act starts. Having already made booking tickets for recommended events easier and more social, WillCall is now introducing BarTab, a tablet app for businesses that lets gig-goers order and pay for a drink simply by giving their name.! ! Read more about BarTab !
- 13. Patch lets homeowners test a new color without ruining their wall! When its time to redecorate, homeowners typically use tester pots to see exactly what paint will look like on their walls. This can leave a temporary mess in their home while also contributing to waste when the packaging is thrown away. While digital alternatives such as Decolabs have used augmented reality to virtually alter what a space looks like, iPatch is a simple sticker that can be added and removed from any surface without damage.! Read more about iPatch !
- 14. This box could help revive failing relationships! Regular readers of Springwise will remember PartTimeLove.co.uk the service we recently covered that aims to connect those who are too busy to maintain an everyday relationship. Aimed at couples who perhaps dont have time to organize a romantic evening, Unbox Love now promises to deliver fun dates in a box.! Read more about Unbox Love !
- 15. Motorbike helmet add-on enables headphone-free listening! Motorcycle helmets are growing up. First, we saw the NUVIZ Ride:HUD a helmet add-on that gives them a Google Glassstyle head-up display with information such as maps and speed. Now HEADWAY from Germany-based startup Rockatoo aims to replace motorcycle headphones with a device that turns any helmet into a loudspeaker.! Read more about the HEADWAY !
- What is Springwise? ! Springwise scans the globe for the most promising, unique and innovative business ventures, ideas and concepts that are ready for regional or international adaptation, expansion, partnering, investments or cooperation.! ! Springwise headquarters is in close contact with more than 17,000 Springspotters in over 150 countries worldwide, who provide us with details of the latest innovations in their countries. These are compiled and assessed by our editorial team, and the best examples are published to provide entrepreneurial inspiration to our readers around the world!! ! Springwise publishes a Daily and a Weekly newsletter, to which you can subscribe for free, they are sent to more than 170,000 people.! ! Established in 2002, Springwise is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.! 2002-2014 SPRINGWISE FOLLOW SPRINGWISE