Social Media + The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, "lessons and tips"
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Social Media + The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, "lessons and tips"
- 1. @ramseym www.ramseymohsen.com www.kcsweaterparty.com
2. what Im going to talk about
- who am i?
- our story
- learn about Operation Breakthrough
- social media tips and lessons
3. 4. 5. Ramsey Mohsen, Consultant + Social Media Strategist
- Practice Lead for Social Media at Digital Evolution Group
- Prolific video blogger, one of the first life-casters on justin.tv, over 1 million views on YouTube, globally featured video on YouTube home page for over three days
- Named one of Kansas Citys inaugural twenty in their twenties emerging civic leaders under thirty
- our story.
7. 8. 9.
- i wanted more out of life.
- 14 friends.
- finding the right charity.
13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21.
- we want to help.
- In 2008 we raised$7,125
- SOLD OUT ONLINE
- In 2009 we raised$18,575
- SOLD OUT ONLINE
24. 25. 26.
- our digital efforts
- what have we learned?
- your website isn't a destination.
- get over yourself.
28. 29. Your website isnt good enough.
- Its not a destination.
- Leverage the channels:
- Google Search
- A website is 1 component of a larger online strategy.
- You must have outposts for discovery.
- All roads should lead back to your website.
- is social media the answer?
- You cant rely on social media solely.
- It can extend and facilitate but it doesnt replace.
- Kansas City, big enough to matter, small enough to care.
- Everything is with but not instead of.
- - Mitch Joel
- Storytelling still counts for a lot.
32. Tips and Lessons
- Send your emails during lunch time and NOT on a Monday.
33. leave foursquare tips 34. Tips and Lessons
- Content is king. Make it (re)markable.
- 1.) Assess your content, your strengths of what you can create given budget, time and resources. Assume the reporter / blogger.
- - pictures, video, text
- - stories/sub-plots you can tell
- - people, businesses, organizations
- - top 10 lists
- 2.) Create your social media calendar + playbook.
- 3.) If you can, pre-write and/or schedule execution based on your playbook.
- Tagging on Facebook. Using the @ symbol to tag people and other Facebook pages.
Tips and Lessons 36.
- Take advantage of your profile photo.
- - 200 x 600 px of space
Tips and Lessons 37. Tips and Lessons
- Email your group copy -and- paste Facebook status updates and Tweets to choose from.
- No one reads all your Tweets. Get over yourself.
- Twitter is like gigantic gushing stream or river of many things
- The more you Tweet, your chance of being noticed in the huge river of Tweets increases.
- @replies are the email of Twitter.
- Time of day DOES matter.
39. Tips and Lessons
- Within the description of each video on YouTube place links back to your website for more details.
- Use tags.
- YouTube =
- authoritative link-back
- Use that Facebook page profile picture.
Tips and Lessons 41. 42.
- this party is possible because of the generosity of others.
- like the support from @SMCKC
- $10 will buy a book for our library.
- $20 will buy new shoes for a child.
- $85 will pay for a complete physical for an uninsured child.
- $150 will cover care for an infant for a week.
- $500 will pay for a field trip for 50 children to a museum or theater performance.
- what can you do to help?
- carry our message.
- help us give back to this great city.
- RT, share, like, follow, attend, volunteer, donate.
- thank you