Rof in pp narrationfor dvdconversiononinternet_2
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Rof in pp narrationfor dvdconversiononinternet_2
- 1. Our Findings & Recommended Action Plan For Mark Weaver Andre A. Broussard, D.C. Broussard Clinic of Chiropractic, Inc. 6701 Aberdeen Avenue, Suite 7 Lubbock, Texas79424-1501 Phone: 806-796-0098
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Assessment and Prognosis My assessment is that we have a very high confidence interval that our care is going to help! First, please understand that time is necessary for healing and remember that you can feel better, without the condition being healed all the way. First, here is a brief list of possible common reactions to the manipulative treatments:Studies have shown that patients undergoing spinal manipulative therapy reported a 66% chance of local discomfort, a 10% chance of fatigue, headache and pain outside the area of treatment, and a 5% chance of nausea, dizziness or other reactions.Any reaction is usually gone in 48 hours. Also, please understand thatrecurrences are to EXPECTED . 9. Short Term Prognosis Prognosis Group 1:Immediate improvement on 1st adjustment; 84% chance that you will be definitely improved by the 4th visit. Prognosis Group 2:Mild improvement on 1st adjustment;63% chance of being definitely improved by the 4th visit. Prognosis Group 3:No immediate improvement or have reaction after 1st adjustment; least favorable; only 30% chance of feeling definitely improved by the 4th visit. If pain free by the 4th visit, you have 3 times the chance of being free of pain over the next 12 months. Long Term Prognosis Based on your symptoms, medical history, examination findings, and considering the specific complicating factors, the long term prognosis is good, if I accepted your case.Over the years, I have helped many patients with the same or similar conditions with favorable results. 10. Plan & Recommendations Chiropractic Manipulative Therapy Recommended by all of the most updated major back treatment guidelines, this form of therapy is something that many low back pain sufferers have not received early on.This is a Major Recommendation in the United States Department of Health and Human Services National Guidelines Clearinghouse. Manipulation is a form of treatment that dates to antiquity and has been practiced in some form in most cultures since that time.One of the first theories related to manipulation might be the statement attributed to Hippocrates: "Look to the spine as the cause of disease."The treatment procedures produce a short-lasting (100-300 milliseconds), high velocity impulse into the body which produces many benefits.When joint structures are rapidly stretched in this manner, cavitation occurs internally and an audible "pop" may be heard.The effects of manipulation can be categorized as either mechanical or neurological.In fact, manipulation has been described "as mechanical treatment with reflex effects".The mechanical effects are improved pain-free range of motion, relieving locked up joints, relieving disc problems, relieves adhesions and scar tissue from previous injury and/or degenerative changes and adaptive shortening of muscles, relieves deep muscles spasms, particularly one-sided muscle spasms.The neurological effects are reduced pain, numbness, dizziness, improved posture, improved balance and coordination, as well as autonomic effects. When you receive this type of treatment, we are affecting more than just your back or neck area.There are deep neurological stimulus-induced reflex changes.In other words, your nerves control everything in the body, and when there are neurological issues causing health problems, there is a good chance that chiropractic treatment can help. 11. For instance, there are published studies that have looked at chiropractic type treatments helping: Neck Pain Headache Dizziness Vision Problems Hearing Problems Ear Ache Inner Ear Infections Allergies Shoulder Problems Arm Problems Tennis Elbow Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Mid Back Pain Asthma Bronchitis High Blood Pressure Stomach Problems Indigestion Heartburn Gastritis Ulcers Irritable Bowel Constipation, Diarrhea Menstrual Cramps Hip Pain Numbness in the Legs Knee Pain Ankle Pain Foot Pain 12. Excercises 13. Excercises 14. Proteins Vegetable Fruit Wheats & Grains Sweetners Carbohydrates Fats Milk Products Nutritional Recommendations The Page Fundamental Diet Plan Foods to eat, and food not to eat Liquids Eat small amounts more frequently Phase I Phase IITotal 6 weeks (healing cycle of the body) 15. Specific Recommendations & Goals Progress Exam X X X
- 20-30% symptom intensity reduction.
- 6 point improvement on ADL questionnaire.
- 20-30% improvement on exams
- Chiropractic manipulation
- Ice for any pain and flare ups.
- Physical therapy exercises
- Nutritional recommendations
4 12 F T W T M Minimum Benchmarks Care Week Visits 16. Consequences If Left Un-treated Or Under-treated If left untreated, this problem, being structural, and biomechanical, will tend to decay over time due to the uneven compressive stresses to the spine and pelvic structures .The pain will most likely continue, and may progressively intensify as the disorder decays. Symptom care only will mask over symptoms while the disease process remains unchanged or progressively gets worse for lack of proper attention.Symptom management is not recommended. Recent medical studies show that if appropriately cared for, your chance of recurrence is only 3 out of 10 (30%).If un-treated, or under-treated, your chances of it coming back are 8 out of 10 (84%). 17. Financial Report 18. Office Policies and Benefits Referrals Time/Appointment Scheduling M.A.P. Office Hours Missed Appointments 19. Office Policies and Benefits Terminating Your Care Injuries Durable Medical Equipment and Nutritional Supplies Dr. Broussards Spine Class Go to CajunChiro.net and click on SpineClass 20. Disclosure & Consent Fractures Disc injuries Dislocations SprainsIncreased symptoms and pain orNo improvement of symptoms or pain