Recruiting And Retaining Top Talent
Embed Size (px)
Steve Brubaker presents a case study on how InfoCision has implemented creative programs to become an Employer of Choice, resulting in improved retention of top talent.
Transcript of Recruiting And Retaining Top Talent
- 1. Creative Ways to Improve Recruiting and Retention Steve Brubaker
- 3. It starts with being recognized as an employer of choice raising awareness
- Getting your name out there in the community
- Media relations
- Community relations
- Applying for and winning awards recognizing great employers
- Use best practices in human resources
- You cant win an award you dont apply for
- Dont be afraid to tell your great company story!
- Differentiate yourself from other employers
- The people you target may have worked in your industry before what makes you different, better?
- 4. Human resources policies and procedures
- Best practices for your industry
- Best practices for your region
- Dont be afraid to turn people away if theyre not the right fit for your company
- Be specific in recruiting messages so prospective employees know what youre looking for
- Target messages to ensure the proper audience is reached.
- 5. Creating an environment where employees can excel
- Provide specialized training for employees to give them the tools to exceed at their job.
- Training for their specific job
- Training for your company in general to discuss your company values and mission
- Provide ongoing training and development
- Training to excel in their current role and adapt to changing technologies, best practices, etc
- Training to help them be ready for a bigger role
- Also helps you single out employees that are actively looking to get ahead
- Partner with local colleges and universities if doing the training in-house is not an option
- Offer on-site amenities that make employees lives easier
- On-site fitness, exercise programs
- On-site wellness, smoking cessation
- On-site education
- On-site childcare
- On-site food services with healthy meals and snacks
- On-site convenience programs dry cleaning, banking, etc
- What do employees rush out on their lunch breaks to do?
- Can we offer that service on-site?
- 7. Engaging employees - helping them achieve self-actualizing goals
- To find out what employees want and need out of the company just ask them
- Open forums with senior management
- Suggestion boxes
- Performance and peer reviews
- 8. Engaging employees - helping them achieve self-actualizing goals
- Contests and goal setting to help motivate employees to achieve desired results and make work fun
- Giving back to the community giving people opportunities to make a difference in the community
- Promoting these efforts so employees feel like their efforts are appreciated, and to further position yourself as an employer of choice in the community.
- Takes us back to raising awareness