Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Poetry collection
- 1. Poetry Collection Ms. Luchik
2. Five Senses Poem
- Line 1:Tell what color the abstraction is
- Line 2:Tell what the abstraction sounds like
- Line 3:Tell what the abstraction tastes like
- Line 4:Tell what the abstraction smells like
- Line 5:Tell what the abstraction looks like
- Line 6:Tell what the abstraction makes you feel
3. Five Senses Poem
- Problems are black.
- They sound like children crying.
- They taste of castor oil.
- And smell like spinach.
- They look like monsters .
- They make you feel unwanted.
4. Diamante Poem
- Line 1:one word, subject of poem
- Line 2: two words, adjectives describing subject
- Line 3: three words, participles (-ing verbs)
- Line 4: four words related to subject
- (For lines 5-7, describe opposite/antonym of subject)
- Line 5:three words, participles (-ing verbs)
- Line 6:two words, adjectives describing opposite of subject
- Line 7:one word, opposite/antonym of subject in Line 1
5. Diamante Poem
- Happy, secure
- Dreaming, talking, loving
- Husband, wife, children, home
- Quarreling, loathing, degrading
- Angry, mad
6. Cinquain Poem
- Line 1:one word, subject of poem
- Line 2:two words, description of subject (adjectives)
- Line 3:three words, participles (-ing verbs), actions
- Line 4:four words, simile describing feelings about subject
- Line 5:one word, synonym for subject
7. Cinquain Poem
- Purple, unpredictable
- Wiggling, wobbling, plummeting
- Wild as an angry bumblebee
8. Color Poem
- Color (title )
- Color is describe looks , describe looks ,
- and feels like describe feel .
- Color is the taste of describe taste .
- Describe smell and describe smell smell color .
- Describe how color makes you feel makes me feel color .
- Color is the sound of describe soundand describe sound .
- Color is place that reminds you of color ,place that reminds you of color ,
- and place that reminds you of color .
- Experience that makes you feel this coloris color .
- Experience that makes you feel this color isalsocolor .
- Color is anything you want for this line .
9. Color Poem
- Turquoise is magic, manatees, and silly putty.
- Turquoise is the taste of sherbert.
- Juicy pears and the desert smell turquoise.
- A cleared mind makes me feel turquoise.
- Turquoise sounds of splashing paint and tubas.
- Turquoise is Yashiro, a calm pool of water, and a coral reef.
- Painting is turquoise.
- Making new friends is turquoise.
- Turquoise is having siblings.
- Formula :Each line of an anagram begins with a letter of the subject and should describe the subject.
- Example :
- A pple picking
- U mbrella bent by the wind
- T oasting marshmallows over an open fire
- U nequaled beauty
- M any colored leaves
- N orth winds chill me to the bone
- Line 1:one word, topic
- Line 2:two words, colors
- Line 3:three words, adjectives
- Line 4:four words, participles (-ing verbs)
- Line 5:five words, a sentence about your feelingsor experiences
- yellow, orange
- shiny, wet, windy
- raining, changing, playing, falling
- The days grow too short.
- A haiku has three lines.Typically, the topic is nature.Line 1 should have five syllables, line 2 should have seven syllables, and line 3 should have seven syllables. (5-7-5)
- Most cannot see it.
- Its intertwined and complex.
- A beauty in dew.
15. 8-line Rhyme Poem
- Line 1________________________
- Line 2________________________
- Line 3________________________
- Line 4________________________
- Line 5________________________
- Line 6________________________
- Line 7________________________
- Line 8________________________
- Lines 2 & 4 should have end rhyme.
- Lines 6 & 8 should have end rhyme.
16. 8-line Rhyme Poem
- Weird-Bird by Shel Silverstein
- Birds are flyin south for winter.
- Heres the wierd-Bird headin north.
- Wings a-flappin, beak a-chatterin,
- Cold head bobbin back n forth.
- He says, Its not that I like ice
- Or freezin winds and snowy ground.
- Its just sometimes its kind of nice
- To be the only bird in town.
- A limerick is a 5-line poem meant to be humorous.The rhyme pattern is a a b b a with lines 1, 2, and 5 containing 3 beats and rhyming, and lines 3 and 4 having two beats and rhyming.
- A flea and a fly in a flue
- Were caught, so what could they do?
- Said the fly, Let us flee.
- Let us fly, said the flea.
- So they flew through a flaw in the flue.
- Quick Practice:
- There once was a pauper named Meg
- Who accidentally broke her______.
- She slipped on the _____.
- Not once, but thrice
- Take no pity on her, I _______.
- (Can you guess which words go in the blanks?)
20. Painted Poetry
- Painted writing is a way of placing words on paper to give a visual effect to match the feeling of the writing.The shape expresses what the writing is about.Use strong, colorful language to describe the topic of the poem.Remember to think about your five senses.
21. Painted Poetry THE HAPPY BOUNCING BALL CAME dancing and playing and hopping UP AND DOWN THE STREET. 22. Painted Poetry FLAPPING, FLOATING, SWEEPING, SOARING, SLEEK AND SOFT, THE FEATHERY FLOCK GENTLY BEATS ITS SILVERED WINGS IN SMOOTH RHYTHM... WITH HARDLY A SOUND.