Personal Branding: How to Tell Your Story Online
Embed Size (px)
You can’t be modest; there’s a difference between bragging, and recognizing the unique qualities that make you interesting and noteworthy. Personal branding is as important as ever as our lives become more intertwined with the web and social media everyday. Learn how to brand yourself in this deck by Sarah Hodges, cofounder of Intelligent.ly and Head of Marketing at Smarterer. Learn more from the experts by visiting http://intelligent.ly/learn
Transcript of Personal Branding: How to Tell Your Story Online
- presents Personal Branding: Tell Your Story Online Sarah Hodges @Hodges
- Personal Branding: How to Tell Your Story Online @hodges
- Data Hound Startup Hugger Peruvian Grub Aficionado BOLD Marketer
- The cool thing is, you get to choose how people view you. As long as your actions constantly and consistently match your positioning, you can determine the immediate and direct connection people make when they see, hear, or think about you. - Dharmesh Shah, CTO, HubSpot
- peter boyce @badboyboyce
- #measure What are you passionate about? Who else shares your passion? What are they talking about? Who are they talking to? Where are they talking? Join the conversation!
- what makes you different?
- Eliminate the things that don't matter, that you're never going to get better at or that you're already good at. What's left are the places where you have the opportunity to change your position in the market. Seth Godin The Best Marketer On Earth
- POSITIONING Sarah Hodges is passionate startup advocate and bold data-driven marketer, who plays to win. ONE WORD BOLD SKILLS Community building Data-driven marketing Strategic acumen PERSONALITY Sparkly Passionate Tenacious STORIES I founded Intelligent.ly because I wanted to let other people experience the support and generosity Ive received from our startup ecosystem. I joined the Smarterer team because I am passionate about big ideas that have the power to transform industries. PROOFS Leveraged data to inform marketing strategies that helped the RunKeeper team grow to a community of over 10M users. Co-founded Intelligent.ly, a community that connects startups with experts to learn, to win. Elements of the totally awesome Holland-Mark (@hollandmark) One Simple Thing Frameworkaltered a bit!
- create a blueprint for your brand
- its okay to be the first one to the party
- promote yourself
- Personal, professional or a blend take a stance! Choose your voice Leverage your cover photo & background Include relevant keywords and hashtags for search Link to the site that best represents your brand
- the first thing people see skills pay the bills: look for skills that are trending and growing to optimize your profile for SEO
- you have time to blog
- you can be famous too
- give yourself a grade
- dont be afraid of re-branding
- GOT BRAND? @hodges
- Course Title Course Title INSTRUCTOR NAME