Mentor Canine Anatomy Test Answers to all of these questions can be found in: The Complete Dog Book:...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Mentor Canine Anatomy Test Answers to all of these questions can be found in: The Complete Dog Book:...
Mentor Canine Anatomy TestAnswers to all of these questions can be found in:The Complete Dog Book: Official Publication of The American Kennel Club.Canine Terminology; Harold Spira, 1982, Howell Book HouseThe Rottweiler Breed Standard and The Illustrated Standard of the Rottweiler
Passing score is 90% (40 correct)
ABCDEFHIJKLMNOQPGRPart I. External Features
Part I. External FeaturesPlace the letter of the corresponding area to the term that identifies it.
1. Shoulder (Scapula)_____10. Back _____ 2. Hock_____ 11. Elbow _____ 3.Dewlap _____12. Muzzle _____4. Pastern _____13. Croup_____5. Loin_____14. Depth of Chest______ 6. Stifle (Knee)_____15. Breast_____7. Stop_____16. Skull_____8. Withers_____ 17. Forearm (Radius)_____9.Point of Rump_____18. Thigh_____
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPart II. Skeletal Parts
Part II. Skeletal PartsPlace the letter of the corresponding area to the term that identifies it.
1. Knee (Stifle)_____9. Hock_____ 2. Scapula (Shoulder)_____10. Canines_____ 3. Molar_____11. Femur_____4. Radius (Forearm)_____12. Humerus (Upper Arm)_____5. Occiput_____ 13. Incisors_____ 6. Premolars_____14. Point of Shoulder_____7. Pelvis_____15. Metatarsus_____8. Metacarpus (Pastern)_____
Part III. Multiple Choice (Reference Canine Terminology by Harold Spira & AKC Standard)
1. What is the distribution of teeth in a a normal canine?a. 20 upper jaw, 22 lower jawc. 21 upper jaw, 21 lower jawb. 22 upper jaw, 22 lower jawd. 22 upper jaw, 20 lower jaw
2. What best describes the word truncated?a. long and curvedc. square and bluntb. slightly roundedd. triangular
3. When measuring a dogs length, you measure the distance between what two points?a. from tip of nose to tip of tailc. from neck to loinb. from point of shoulder to outer end of rumpd. from scapula to femur
4. Which word best describes the shape of a Rottweiler eye?a. roundc. close setb. almondd. none of the above
5. The head of a Rottweiler is:a. 60% from occiput to inside corner of the eye b. 40% from inside corner of eye to nose tipd. all of the abovec. well defined stop and zygomatic arch
Part III. Multiple Choice - continued
6. Hocks turning in accompanied by toeing out of the rear feet is referred to as:a. sickle hockedc. hucklebonesb. cow-hockedd. coupling
7. When describing the angulation of the shoulders and the stifles on a Rottwieler, they are:a. shoulders well laid back; stifles straightc. shoulders vertical; stifles developedb. shoulders well laid back; stifles well bent d. shoulders straight; stifles straight
8. An asymmetrical alignment of the upper and lower jaws is: a. an overshot bitec. an undershot biteb. a scissors bited. a wry mouth
9.A vertical line drawn from the front feet and rear toes should intersect, respectively:a. the neck, 1 behind the rumpc. the ear, the tailb. the center of shoulder blade, the point of the rumpd. the mid neck, pelvis
10. The articulation of the scapula with the humerus is referred to as:a. withers c. point of shoulderb. radiusd. upper arm