Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Joshua 11b
- Blaine Bowman & HIS Goodtime Band Gospel Baptist Tabernacle 781 Salem Road, Rossville, GA Friday Night, February 19 at 7:00 Turn West on Salem Road at Stone Creek Elementary. Cross Wilson Road and continue on Salem Road. One-half mile on left. Gospel Baptist Tabernacle 781 Salem Road, Rossville, GA Friday Night, February 19 at 7:00 Turn West onto Salem Road at Stone Creek Elementary on Happy Valley Road. Cross Wilson Road and continue on Salem Road. One-half mile on left.
- The Campaign in the North Joshua 11 A massive army of many cities was gathered together at the Waters of Merom to fight against Israel. They were defeated.
- 10 And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms. 11 And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them : there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire. The king of Hazor organized this force of armies. His city was large and symbolized powe r in that area. Joshua wiped it off the face of the earth.
- 12 And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the Lord commanded. 13 But as for the cities that stood still in their strength, Israel burned none of them, save Hazor only; that did Joshua burn. Joshua 24 13 And I have given you a land for which ye did not labor, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and olive-yards which ye planted not do ye eat.
- 14 And all the spoil of these cities, and the cattle, the children of Israel took for a prey unto them-selves; but every man they smote with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, neither left they any to breathe. 15 As the Lord commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that the Lord commanded Moses.
- 16 So Joshua took all that land, the hills, and all the south country, and all the land of Goshen, and the valley, and the plain, and the mountain of Israel, and the valley of the same; 17 Even from the mount Halak, that goeth up to Seir, even unto Baalgad in the valley of Lebanon under mount Hermon: and all their kings he took, and smote them, and slew them. 18 Joshua made war a long time with all those kings .
- 19 There was not a city that made peace with the children of Israel, save the Hivites the inhabitants of Gibeon : all other they took in battle. 20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that He might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favor, but that He might destroy them, as the Lord commanded Moses.
- 21 And at that time came Joshua, and cut off the Anakims from the mountains, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab, and from all the mountains of Judah, and from all the mountains of Israel: Joshua destroyed them utterly with their cities. 22 There was none of the Anakims left in the land of the children of Israel: only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod, there remained.
- Deuteronomy 9 2 A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say , Who can stand before the children of Anak!
- 23 So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the Lord said unto Moses; and Joshua gave it for an inheritance unto Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. And the land rested from war. Joshua 13 1 Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the Lord said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed.
- Joshua had taken the key cities throughout the land, and considered the land conquered. But there were numerous areas where he had never been . Many people who had not risen up against Israel, And were not yet destroyed .
- We sometimes think that we have won the victory , when God knows we still have a long way to go. Unforgiveness
- 15b he left nothing undone of all that the Lord commanded Moses. Be careful to obey God in all things. Little details If we are too busy to do all that God teaches us to do, we are too busy . We must not get so entangled in the affairs of this life, That we neglect the eternal things of God.
- Mark 4 18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the Word, 19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the Word, and it becometh unfruitful .
- 18 Joshua made war a long time with all those kings . Hebrews 12 1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us , and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Timothy 2 3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- Christian living is not something you can do and get it over with. Constant Steady Lifetime endeavor
- 20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that He might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favor, but that He might destroy them, as the Lord commanded Moses. When we are doing the Will of God, He does the work; He fights for us.
- All we can do that's of benefit is obey God. Every Word Carefully Led