How to take better pictures by john o'connor slideshare
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of How to take better pictures by john o'connor slideshare
- 1. How to take better pictures By John OConnor
- 2. Learn how to use your camera! The best camera to use is the one you have with you! Understand what your camera can do and what it cant do (Cell phone vs-DSLR) Learn how to use your cameras settings Practice, Practice, Practice the more pictures you take the more you will understand what works and what doesnt Keep your camera CLEAN! Especially the Lens.
- 3. Think about what you are taking a picture of Focused on the subjects action. Stopping the action. Fast shutter speed. Focused on the subject, watching the action. Slow shutter speed V e r t i c a l Horizontal
- 4. Watch the BACKGROUND! Move closer or a try a different angle, better yet Dont position your subjects poorly So that trees dont bisect their heads, or so that branches grow out of them
- 5. Move THEM! A clean simple background can make all the difference in the world!
- 6. Learn how to use the FLASH! Too Much Just Right
- 7. Save and Organize your Pictures Regularly! Download and save your pictures to your computer or device often Then you can erase your memory cards and use them again This will save space on your memory card so you dont run out! Create a file system so that you can locate your pictures easily Try not to delete the picture files with the camera. Delete the files AFTER you have downloaded them to your computer. Backup and copy your picture files to a external hard drive ,a CD or a DVD, the cloud is an option as well. DONT LOSE THEM! If it was important enough to take a picture of at the time, it is important enough to find the time to save it!
- 8. Thank you! Family Pictures are Treasures! All photographs by John OConnor