Geese - Teaching Life Lessons
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Geese showing us a few simple lessons on how to live our lives.
Transcript of Geese - Teaching Life Lessons
- 1. GEESE TEACHING LIFE LESSONS Created by I M Confident Niagara Canada www.imconfident.com
- 2. LETS SEE WHAT GEESE CAN TEACH US ABOUT TEAMWORK
- 3. COLLABORATION What does this word mean?
- 4. COLLABORATION It means working with others in order to achieve something.
- 5. QUESTION Why do geese fly in a V formation?
- 6. ANSWER Flying together increases the reach of the flight by 71% compared to only one bird flying.
- 7. LESSON LEARNED collaboration Sharing a goal makes it easier than doing it alone Team effort provides strength
- 8. ORGANIZATION What does this word mean?
- 9. ORGANIZATION It means to coordinate or arrange something into a structured group
- 10. QUESTION What happens when a goose starts drifting in another direction away from the flock?
- 11. ANSWER It feels air resistance and will have difficulty flying Reminds goose to get back into formation to take advantage of the power from the other geese
- 12. LESSON LEARNED organization Creates harmony Task not so difficult Easier to reach goals
- 13. SHARING What does this word mean?
- 14. SHARING It means to have something in common, to take responsibility together.
- 15. QUESTION When the lead goose gets tired, what happens to the flock?
- 16. ANSWER Lead goose goes to the end of the formation and another one takes on lead Work/problems shared Abilities, resources and capacities are united
- 17. LESSON LEARNED sharing Creates an effective team Respect for others Workload not so heavy
- 18. ENCOURAGEMENT What does this word mean?
- 19. ENCOURAGEMENT It means to give hope, confidence, urge to do something
- 20. QUESTION Why do geese squawk when flying in formation?
- 21. ANSWER To give encouragement Provide assistance to those in front so they are able to maintain speed
- 22. LESSON LEARNED encouragement Greater progress is made Actions and sounds (words) motivate and promote best outcome
- 23. UNITY What does this word mean?
- 24. UNITY It means to combine or bring together.
- 25. QUESTION What happens if a goose becomes ill, is hurt or tired?
- 26. ANSWER Goose leaves the formation Two other geese go along to help/protect, remaining until goose dies or is able to fly again Geese rejoin their flock or find another formation
- 27. LESSON LEARNED unity Provides support during any situation Helps overcome stress Adds value to friendships
- 28. WHEN LIFE IS SIMPLE, THE FLIGHT OF THE YEARS IS MORE PLEASANT. PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART, YET OUR LIVES ARE FILLED WITH COMPLICATIONS AND CHAOS. SO WHY IS IT THAT GEESE ARE SO SMART?