Decorating Tips for Your Backyard
Embed Size (px)
The backyard is one of the most underutilized areas of any homes. By simply making a few key alterations you can highlight the assets that you already have, while adding a layer of depth previously untapped.
Transcript of Decorating Tips for Your Backyard
- 1. Decorating Tips for Your Backyard
- 2. Add Lights Adding lights to an area is perhaps one of the simplest ways of creating ambience. Consider using small light providing sources to highlight specific areas of your yard. The goal is not to flood the yard, but to enhance it.
- 3. Create Pathways Pathways in the backyard serve a dual function. That of releasing your creativity and of creating flow. Really, any sort of solid material can be used to create a beautiful path. How you place them is the creativity. Pathways also help to highlight specific areas of the yard.
- 4. Be Creative with Storage In every yard are certain items which must be there. The question arises however on how to hide them. A garden hose is a great example. You need it to keep your plants alive, but what to do when its not in use? Consider building attractive storage structures like a storage bench.
- 5. Add Color A bit of color can do wonders to an area. Dont overdo it, but rather be thoughtful about the placement. Colored cloths and pillows are a great and inexpensive way to create a theme color. During the year update your colors to match the season.
- 6. Blend the Patio With the Indoors Creating a seamless experience from indoors to outdoors is a good way to utilize your backyard. When someone can flow from the inside to the outside easily you have done well. French doors and patios are a creative and pleasant looking way of doing this. Look into big windows as well.
- 7. Create a Kitchen Outdoors It may sound strange, but doing your cooking and dishwashing outdoors is the latest thing. Theres something neat about living outside part of the day. This definitely requires a larger financial commitment than other ideas, but if you can afford to do it, then do.
- 8. Add a Table or Umbrella in the Yard Often times the grassy area of a yard goes unutilized. Unfortunately that means everyone bunches in one place. By adding some Outdoor Furniture to the middle of the yard, you encourage people to use them. A picnic table also promotes your family spending time outside.
- 9. Get a Pet Duck All right, this may sound a bit out there, but a single duck can add a lot of character to a yard. Not only are they fun to watch, but they are calming as well. Be aware however that they are messy. You will need to spend time creating a living area in the corner of the yard
- 10. Its Your Yard Enjoy it! Your backyard can be one of the most beautiful parts of your house. Take time to consider what you can do. A lot can be done by simply highlighting areas that are already built up nicely. Take advantage of this. If you have the money to do anything, then the sky is the limit. http://www.fifthroom.com