70 20 10 and blended learning - Beyond the hype
Embed Size (px)
Concrete examples of Blended learning and 70:20:10
Transcript of 70 20 10 and blended learning - Beyond the hype
- 70:20:10 Blended learning Beyond the hype
- Antwerp - 03.07.2014. We met up with 55 enthusiastic L&D professionals. On the menu: Blended learning and a critical look at 70:20:10 What really works? In what context? Critical success factors?
- Learning Solutions Consultants L&D-specialist Manager Training & Advice Kluwer Opleidingen Imec Boss paints & Colora
- 5 Participants were given assignments in advance.
- Participants were given assignments in advance: 1. What specific questions do you want answered by the end of our session? Send an e-mail by 1 July to email@example.com. 2. To prepare, read the following short posts on our blog 3. Share quotes from these blog posts or your insights via LinkedIn or Twitter. Refer on LinkedIn to @Kluwer Opleidingen. And on Twitter to @KluwerLearning.
- Itshttp://www.learninglive.be/leren-moet-echt-plakken http://www.learninglive.be/formeel-leren-achterhaald
- The following article was circulated in advance by a participant (Wim Annerel) Article: a critical look at 70:20:10. http://evidencebasedhrm.be/702010-framework-jennings/
- .Its Introduction by Isabel De Clercq
- .Its Nowadays, people want learning to be just-in-time, just enough, self-directed.
- Just-in-time, just enough and self-directed learning. Individual language coaching after classroom training. Five 45-minute sessions guided by the individual. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.learninglive.be/online-taalcoaching-op-maat-van-sales-professionals-en-managementassistants
- Watch the video http://www.elsua.net/2011/10/05/the-future-of-work-is-learning/ The future of work is always learning
- From experience- oriented learning to learning-oriented experience Frank Klockaerts Training & Development Manager Philips Turnhout Read the article on our blog: http://www.learninglive.be/ld-door-de-ogen-van-frank- klockaerts-van-philips-turnhout#more-6892
- This text is not ours. It is tranlated from a text written by Tulser. Please find the original text in Dutch here: - https://www.linkedin.com/slink?code=dA_pwpR
- .Its Source: Tulser - https://www.linkedin.com/slink?code=dA_pwpR For effective performance support solutions, there is no need to interrupt work or leave the workplace.
- Who has a clear-cut vision of 70:20:10? Harold Jarche @hjarche on Twitter Jarche on Slideshare http://www.jarche.com/ Jane Hart @C4lpt on Twitter The Learning Flow on Facebook Janehart on Slideshare Author Social Learning Handbook 2014 Charles Jennings @charlesjennings on Twitter Charlesjennings on Slideshare
- Other interesting L&D people to follow http://nvo2leren.wordpress.com/ 2011/08/28/goochelen-met- formeel-en-informeel-leren/
- .Its This is a slide from Ben Betts http://mediasite.mediamission.nl/Medi asite/Play/10627b8cfb9a4c88a5710291d a88c7b11d
- Vision Harold Jarche All work by Harold Jarche is CC-By-NC
- Dont throw the baby out with the bathwater. Our conviction: formal learning is still important. But interdependent and independent learning should be incorporated into moments of dependent learning.
- Examples of assignments given to participants by Kluwer Training @ in-company trainings. Dependent + interdependent + independent learning.
- BEFORE a class session Film a colleague and share the video on the social intranet. Indicate the three most important lessons learned. Go through the theory beforehand (Slideshare, Youtube, WORD, etc.). What do you still have questions about? E-mail them to the trainer. Go through some e-learning. Read the following blog post and share one quote from the blog post on the social intranet. Look for other materials that also provide information on the same topic. Look on Youtube Slideshare Twitter, etc.
- BETWEEN class sessions Sit down with a colleague to further fine-tune your assignment. Make a video about what you have learned. Share your insights via http://nl.padlet.com/ (a virtual notice board where all participants can leave texts as well as images and audio material).
- AFTER a class session Film an internal client. With the team, discuss ways of continuing work on the lessons learned. Share the lessons learned on the social intranet: your knowledge is also important for others in the organisation.
- This is were we met. Den Brandt Antwerp.
- Model .Its L&D-specialist Imec
- Mode diel .Its 1. Onboarding 2. Better people management skills 3. Giving more powerful presentations 4. Using clean-room devices 5. Uniform project management methodology 6. Implementation of new technology (Lync) 7. Discovering the sales function 8. More structure in problem-solving thinking Dependent + interdependent + independent learning. 8 successful combinations at Imec.
- Model .ItsOnboarding MOVIE: WELCOME TO IMEC Dynamic 17-minute film presenting Imec and our activities. APP: IMEC IN 20 DAYS Mobile app that reveals just one fact or anecdote per day using the tear-off calendar principle. The fact is linked to a piece of useful or important information.
- Model .ItsPeople management Combination: Curriculum + Community of Practice + Mentoring
- Model .ItsCURRICULUM ... FLIPPED CLASSROOM MODULES Pre-work: E-learning with concepts, models, etc. Conventional workshop for discussions, exercises, etc. E-LEARNINGS & MANAGER DESK A few golden rules Information on processes, policies, procedures
- Model .ItsCURRICULUM ... FLIPPED CLASSROOM MODULES Pre-work: E-learnings met concepten, modellen, etc. Klassikale workshop voor discussies, oefening, etc. E-LEARNINGS & MANAGER DESK Een paar gouden regels Informatie over processen, policies, procedures
- Model .Its Brings team leaders together across business units borders Topics are defined by participants in advance (1 mailing a year launched by L&D department) Since 2010 Three times a year In four groups of 15 team leaders Half-day event Plan: mainly sharing practices, discussion, working on cases in specific people management topics COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE: team leader lunches
- Model .Its Team Leader Lunch Successful since 2010 Three times a year In four groups of 15 team leaders Half-day event Plan: mainly sharing practices, discussion, working on cases in specific people management topics COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
- Model .Its 3 MENTORING Mentee: First time young executive Mentor: Senior manager, not from the hierarchical line Process: 9-12 months monthly F2F two hours Content: Advice and sounding board on people, team & work management
- Model .Its 3 MENTORING Mentee: First time jonge leidinggevende Mentor: Senior manager, niet uit zijn hirarchische lijn Proces: 9 maanden maandelijks 2 uur Inhoud: Advies en klankbord inzake people, team & work management
- Model .ItsPublic Speaking TRAINING & E-LEARNING COURSES Various conventional and e-learning modules. Depending on the level or specific component of presentation. IMEC COACHES Experienced speakers who also give feedback during the last part of the workshop presenting your research. Speakers also remain available for this group of participants subsequently.
- Model .ItsPublic Speaking TOASTMASTERS COMMUNITY 15 members at Imec: every two weeks they give presentations on a whole range of topics This increases their self-confidence. (www.toastmasters.com) DRY RUNS Organisation of dry runs with audience (colleagues, management), with feedback template.
- Model .ItsOperating clean-room tools TRAINING & E-LEARNING COURSES