Woodhead APSA 2010
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Woodhead APSA 2010
2. a leading global design practice workcommercial workplace community transporteducationhealthcivic lifestyle hospitalityresidentialretail 3. A Breakthrough Zone research + education + clinical practice + industry 4. A partnership setting thePACE for pharmacy education, research and commercialisation
- UQs School of Pharmacy has relocated to PACE to become the only School
- in the nation to be co-located with industry in a purpose-built precinct.
Together with UQ, Alba has developed the unique financial and management model which underpins the PACE project and the delivery of the assets within it. PACE is an important contributor to the ongoing planning and development of the Princess Alexandra Hospital Science and Education Precinct 5. PACEis strategically situated at the core of Australias Biotechnology Heart, located within Queenslands largest collaborative grouping of researchers, product developers and clinicians in Australia with a focus on health sciences the nations leading clinical discovery community. 6.
- Over the next five years, the precinct in which PACE sits will grow to house more than 2000 researchers, clinicians, and pharmacy sector businesses.
- The School of Pharmacy is the only one in Australia to be co-located with industry within a purpose-built precinct, housing 90 researchers, more than 100 postgraduate students and with an annual research income in excess of $2 million.
- Being on-site at PACE will also allow businesses to leverage relationships with other occupants of the surrounding biotechnology community in ways which are simply not possible from otherlocations.
World-Class Research + Education + Clinical Practice + Industry Precinct within Australias Biotechnology Heart 7. PACE An Incubator for Collaboration and Discovery
- The PACE design provides the perfect incubator environment for this by featuring:
- Unique shared spaces and infrastructure lecture rooms, meeting rooms and eating spaces
- Industry partners as active participants in seminars and workshops
- UQ-led high-level discussions across the site with leading researchers and educationalists
- Stage 2 and 3 compromise Up to 60,000 sq m of space for specialist businesses with a health focus, potentially across pharmacy/pharmaceutical, health or biotechnology.
8. State-of-the-Art Infrastructure
- PACE Stage Onehouses UQs new School of Pharmacy, providing 15,800sq m of space comprising laboratories, other teaching facilities, offices and carparks.
- A 360-seat lecture theatre, tutorial/ break-out rooms and an indoor/ outdoor caf are shared facilities for the School of Pharmacy and PACE-located businesses.
- PACE Stages 2 and 3will provide the only world-class commercial and research laboratory space offered to the private sector within Australias Biotechnology Heart.
9. Concept text PACE features include: concept images and samples 10. Flexible commercial and laboratory space 11. Capacity for expansion over time 12. Opportunity to use shared meeting and event facilities within the collaborative zone 13. Extensive rail, bus bike and pedestrian links with new tunnel access to the airport 14. Anytime, anywhere learning opportunities 15. Interactive, engaging, and collaborative spaces 16. Established in 1927, Woodhead is regarded as one of the leading architecture and design consultancies in Australia and Asia
- Mark Clements
- Principal Woodhead Brisbane
- Level 9, 333 Ann Street
- Brisbane, QLD 4000
- 07 3221 1333
- 0419 718 153