Welcome to Family Worship Sunday! Sunset Church January 30, 2011
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Welcome to Family Worship Sunday! Sunset Church January 30, 2011
- Slide 1
- Welcome to Family Worship Sunday! Sunset Church January 30, 2011
- Slide 2
- A few Reminders Quick to listen (James 1:19) Slow to speak (same verse) Slow to become angry (same verse)
- Slide 3
- The Old is all about fear. Fake gods cause fear. The real God beats fake gods. The real God is a God of. frees us from fear. Whats so awesome about
- Slide 4
- But what does free us to be or do?
- Slide 5
- The 10 Commandments : New Rules for Freed People OBEY GOD!!!
- Slide 6
- God saved His people by grace through faith. then He gave them the Law that showed them how freed people live.
- Slide 7
- 10 Commandments 1.Dont worship other gods. 2.Dont make things you can see into gods. 3.Dont use Gods name for no reason. 4.Keep the Sabbath holy to find happiness in God. 5.Honor dad and mom. 6.Dont murder. 7.Dont cheat on the person you married. 8.Dont steal. 9.Dont lie. 10.Dont want other peoples stuff badly.
- Slide 8
- But hows that freedom??!!!
- Slide 9
- If you want to are real freedom, baby!!!
- Slide 10
- If you dont worship other gods, you are 1 to worship the one true God.
- Slide 11
- 2to know and understand the real, infinite God. If you dont make things you can see into gods, you are
- Slide 12
- 3to be and do what you claim to be in God. If you dont use Gods name for no reason, you are
- Slide 13
- 4to rest and be happy with God and what He has done. If you keep the Sabbath holy, you are
- Slide 14
- 5to be and do your best, thus bringing honor to your parents. If you honor dad and mom, you are S.E.I.
- Slide 15
- 6from hatred If you dont murder, you are to forgive, love, and respect.
- Slide 16
- 7from being selfish If you dont cheat on the person you married, you are to be true to the one God gave you for life.
- Slide 17
- 8to work hard to provide for family... If you dont steal, you are and to give generously to others.
- Slide 18
- 9to tell the truth; be truthful and trustworthy. If you dont lie, you are
- Slide 19
- 10from envy and jealousy to love and trust those you live with. If you dont want other peoples stuff badly, you are
- Slide 20
- If we could obey Gods commandments We would have real life, love, and family!!!
- Slide 21
- But being a Christian is NOT about following rules!!!
- Slide 22
- Remember all these stories of faith? Creation Adam & Eve Cain & Abel Calling on the Name of the Lord Noah & the Flood Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, & Joseph Moses 10 Plagues
- Slide 23
- Before the 10 Commandments Slavery in Egypt God of Grace kicked butt. Passover
- Slide 24
- So, what does that all mean? We need to have faith and be freed before we can OBEY!!
- Slide 25
- Our HOMES need to be IDd with JESUS!
- Slide 26
- To OBEY We need to be freed by the GRACE of JESUS!
- Slide 27
- So, how do we get GRACE? Grace is given to the humble.
- Slide 28
- that kicks butt! Daily ask God for
- Slide 29
- The Greatest Commandment Deuteronomy 6:4-9 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
- Slide 30
- Parents, you are Gods representatives to your kids until they reach an age of accountability. The primary faith and love trainers. This cant be outsourced like academics, music and sports. More powerful than you can imagine in the lives of your sons and daughters. Gods chosen heros for your kids. Invited to Legacy Milestone 2 Seminar Feb. 13, 11:30-1pm at FSK.
- Slide 31
- Faith Talks Come to the Legacy Milestone 2 Seminar Feb. 13, 11:30-1pm at FSK.
- Slide 32
- that kicks butt! Daily ask God for
- Slide 33