Web 2.0 Introduction
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Web 2.0 Introduction
- 1.Web 2.0: Meaningful Tools for Todays Students
Birdville Independent School District
2. Change is not merely necessary to life - it is life.Alvin Toffler
3. Pop Quiz!
4. What is a wiki?
A delicious, tropical, adult beverage
A search engine
A collaboratively created website
An online encyclopedia
5. On average, how many visitors go toFacebook each month worldwide?
Source:allfacebook.com(January, 2010 statistics)
6. What is the target audience for the social network Fuzzster?
Men with beards
7. The most viewed video of all-time on Youtube, Charlie Bit My FingerAgain!, has been viewed how many times?
8. Bonus: How many comments has Charlie received?
Statistics from Youtube, July 28, 2008.
9. What is a widget?
A small bit of software which can be added to a web page.
A newbie to a social network
An elf-like character in Worldof Warcraft
A password reminder
10. Which of the following chat acronyms indicates that someone finds you amusing?
11. Where Have We Been?
15. And now?
Source: Pink, Daniel (2005). A Whole New Mind. Riverhead Books: New York.
17. To successfully face rigorous higher education coursework, career challenges and a globally competitive workforce, U.S. schools must align classroom environments with real world environments by infusing 21st century skills.Partnership for 21st Century Skills(www.21stcenturyskills.org)
18. Skills Todays Students Will Need Tomorrow
19. Creativity 20. Communication 21. Critical Thinking 22. Organization 23. Multi-tasking 24. Collaboration 25. Initiative 26. Leadership 27. Tech and media literacy 28. Social/Cross-cultural