ValueCheck! â€” Reaching Engaging Communication Beyond Ourselves | 2006
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of ValueCheck! â€” Reaching Engaging Communication Beyond Ourselves | 2006
- 1. ValueCheck! We Value Smart Communication! ! Presented by
- 2. A clear understanding of communication becomes an important step towards self-analysis, priorities, character and values of life...
- 3. Please answer yes or no: 5 Question Checklist: Putting the principles of spoken communication to work
- 4. Please answer yes or no: 1. Is this quote still valid today?: What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. Ralph Waldo Emerson, (1803 1882)
- 5. Please answer yes or no: 2. Do you plan what you are going to say before and during meetings, interviews and telephone calls?
- 6. Please answer yes or no: 3. Has anyone found anything you have said or written in the last week to be lacking in clarity?
- 7. Please answer yes or no: 4. Have you taken steps to become a clear thinker?
- 8. Please answer yes or no: 5. Which of these statements better describe you: He/she has a gift for making the complicated sound simple. He/she tends to turn even the simplest matter into something that is difficult and complicated.
- 9. Suggestion Improve on any no-responses and incorporate your effective communication into everything you do.
- 10. The communicative components are: (Gudykunst, 1991; Adler and Towne, 1996)
- 11. communicators, (Communicators are senders and receivers of messages.)
- 12. message, (The message is the content.)
- 13. medium, (The medium is the particular means of conveying the message. Donald W. Fiske (1990) described three types of media: ! 1 Presentational-e.g. the voice, face, body. ! 2 Representational-e.g. books, paintings, architecture, photographs. ! 3 Technological/mechanical-e.g. television, radio, CD, telephone.)
- 14. channel, (A 'Channel' 'connects' communicators and accommodates the medium. For example, a telephone cable.)
- 15. code, (A code is a system of meaning shared by a group.)
- 16. noise, (Noise is any interference distorting or degrading the meaning of the message.)
- 17. feedback (Feedback is the receiver's response to a sender's communication.)
- 18. and context (All communication takes place within a context and is crucially influenced by it.)
- 19. "All communication reduces uncertainty." (Berger and Calabrese, 1975)
- 20. Communication requires at least two parties to inform each other...
- 21. ... And maybe why examples of Customized Direct Marketing have been successful.
- 22. Preface: The Smart Communication white paper was written as a thought-provoking guideline.
- 23. Smart Communication Reaching Engaging Communication Beyond Ourselves
- 24. The Oxford dictionary defines "smart" as intelligent. fashionable & stylish. computer-controlled to appear intelligent. clean & neat.
- 25. Smart + Communication reveals the challenges in reaching optimal communication.
- 26. Smart communication applications should be completely seamless and integrated.
- 27. Consumers appear overwhelmed with content and are interested in personalization to cut clutter in their lives. 2006 ChoiceStream Personalization Survey
- 28. Dissatisfaction occurs when service fails.
- 29. In our service-oriented society, the client expects to be served and communicated to.
- 30. Once the consumer accepts a brand, the brand enters into an agreement to foster a relationship and grow with its consumer.
- 31. IMAGE? Relationships between consumers and brands are not dissimilar to interpersonal relationships.
- 32. A Smart Dialogue increases Brand Image. Loyalty. Sales.
- 33. IMAGE? In the past, a producer would directly represent their goods in the marketplace.
- 34. IMAGE? In the advertising age, marketing agencies helped transition direct producer contact with media.
- 35. Smart Communication reunites producer & consumer.
- 36. Before Customisation, brand dialogue was sorely a monologue with advertising. slow & tedious between consumers & brand. sorely a monologue with advertising. slow & tedious between consumers & brand.
- 37. Smart = CommunicationSmart Communication
- 38. IMAGE? Smart Communication is a breath of fresh air...
- 39. 2007|2014 Andreas Weber, Mainz @ValueCommAG a.weber(at)value-communication.com