Using Delicious To Decrease Emails
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Using Delicious To Decrease Emails
- 1. Using Delicious to Decrease Emails
2. When youre on a team 3. You often share resources with your team 4. And that can be very helpful 5. Butwhat happens when 30% of your emails are links to great resources? 6. Email clutter 7. Maybe its you, whos doing the sharing 8. Hoping the people on the other end are excited to seeyour great resource 9. Or maybe 10. Youre the recipient who is just a little frustrated 11. to see one more email withjusta link 12. Email has become the only tool people use 13. My dad always says 14. If all you have is a hammer 15. Everything else is a nail 16. Unfortunately, email doesnt always get that nail into the wood 17. No matter how hard you swing 18. Think about it 19. With email 20. Great resources quickly get lost in the clutter 21. Searching for and retrieving information is often painful and stressful 22. The only option for archiving and organizing these types of emails 23. is with folderswhich can quickly get out of hand 24. Heres where Delicious comes to save the day 25. Using Delicious, you can create a library of resource links that 26. Can be accessed anywhere you have an internet connection 1 27. by anyone in the world 28. Can be quickly searched to find
- exactly what you need
2 29. using a search box 30. or the handy dandy tags 31. Can include extra notes to provide even more useful information 3 32. Can eliminate the need to email links 4 33. So, how can you make this work for your team 34. Sign up for an account 1 35. using an email address, user name & password that you will share with your team 36. Encourage your team to addbrowser buttonsto quickly and easily save links to the delicious account 2 37. And to take the tour
- http:// delicious.com/help/fulltour/ie
3 38. You may want to come up with astandard set of tagsto use for your team 4 39. What are tags? 40. Delicious says
- Tags areone-word descriptorsthat you assign to your bookmarks to help you organize and remember them
http:// delicious.com/help/faq#tags 41. Tags are a little bit like keywords, but you choose them yourself and they do not form a hierarchy. 42. Assign as many tags to a bookmark as you like - you can always rename or delete the tags later 43. Tagging is a lot easier andmore flexiblethan fitting your information into preconceived categories or folders 44.
45. Need more information on this whole social bookmarking phenomena?
- Check out this video:SocialBookmarkingin Plain English
46. Encourage your team to jump on the Delicious bandwagon and decrease emails 47. Michelle E. Johnson Door 41 Solutions www.door41.com