University Recruiting Essentials: Interns and Your Campus Brand - Part 3 - Campus Involvement and...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of University Recruiting Essentials: Interns and Your Campus Brand - Part 3 - Campus Involvement and...
- 1. University Recruiting Essentials: Interns and Your Campus Brand Part 3 Campus Involvement and ROI AfterCollege Inc. 98 Battery Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111 PHONE: 877-725-7721 FAX: 415-263-1307 www.aftercollege.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Interns and Campus Brand University Recruiting Overview Internships Overview Showcasing Interns Work Learning From Their Experience On-Campus Integration Campus Ambassadors Measuring Return on Investment (ROI) www.aftercollege.com 2
- 3. Interns and Campus Brand -This is the third and final presentation on Interns and Campus Brand -This presentation will cover: On-Campus Integration Campus Ambassadors Measuring Return on Investment (ROI) www.aftercollege.com 3
- 4. On-Campus Integration www.aftercollege.com 4 So, you have a successful class of interns that goes back to campus. How do you incorporate them into your events when you travel to their campus?
- 5. Insert Image www.aftercollege.com 5 Career Fairs
- 6. Insert Image www.aftercollege.com 6 Career Fairs -Invite interns to work at your career fair booth -MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE TRAINING FIRST -Their peers will visit because they are there others they dont know will appreciate their real- world experience
- 7. www.aftercollege.com 7 Info Sessions & Classroom Presentations
- 8. www.aftercollege.com 8 Info Sessions & Classroom Presentations Is there a way that you can have your interns speak about their internship work experience in your info sessions or in classroom presentations? -Hearing from another student is the most valuable asset it resonates and creates more trust -Especially if it a former intern was involved in an exciting project that relates to what they are learning
- 9. Insert Image www.aftercollege.com 9 Faculty Relationships
- 10. Insert Image www.aftercollege.com 10 Faculty Relationships -According to the NACE Recruiting Benchmark Survey faculty relationships are of critical importance to the success of branding on campus -How you develop these relationships can be different at different programs -Dont discount the role your interns can play in leveraging these relationships -They can do introductions and can be the liaison to present in the classroom about their experience
- 11. Campus Ambassadors www.aftercollege.com 11 -Many employers have specific and coordinated programs where students are on campus talking about their brand -Interns are perfect candidates to take part in these types of programs -There are all different types of campus ambassador programs some are available exclusively to former interns, some are available to any student on a target campus, and everywhere in between -At a minimum, make sure your interns who have successfully completed your program and are returning back to campus know what to tell others that are interested -If you have a referral program, make sure they are provided that information
- 12. www.aftercollege.com 12 You cant beat furthering your brand than hiring students, giving them good work experience, and then sending them back to campus so they can tell their friends and classmates about it. -Jeff Goodman, Principal Consultant Campus Strategic Partners
- 13. www.aftercollege.com 13 -The AfterCollege Employer Blog has a post about creating a student ambassador program it also links the exact job descriptions of several companies that hire student campus ambassadors. Read it here.
- 14. Measuring ROI www.aftercollege.com 14 -Measuring Return on Investment (ROI) is about measuring your brand recognition and the engagement of students throughout the time theyre involved with your university recruiting program -Many companies work closely with their agencies or marketing departments to have a comprehensive, consistent outreach policy to students in their talent pipeline this could be via email, postal mail, or social media -Make sure you are reinforcing the events you are hosting to continue to engage and educate students on your company brand, culture, and eventual opportunities
- 15. Insert Image www.aftercollege.com 15 Tracking for Long Lead Time -Because established and well-managed university recruiting programs engage students early and reengage them over time, there can be a time lag in your ROI -You need to prepare your management for this clearly explain the process and goals
- 16. Insert Image www.aftercollege.com 16 Tracking for Long Lead Time -If you have coordinated your CRM and ATS information your university recruiting program should still get credit for a hire that came into your pipeline through any touch of a branding campaign and it should be considered a success of your program -Making sure your data is tracked is the only way to do this -The investment you are making now may not have an immediate large return, but if you are tracking ROI correctly, it will just continue to build and reap benefits for your company
- 17. Insert Image of EPI www.aftercollege.com 17 Measuring Brand Awareness
- 18. Insert Image of EPI www.aftercollege.com 18 Measuring Brand Awareness -There are many ways for companies to measure brand awareness including: -Student custom surveys -Student focus groups -AfterCollege Employer Popularity Index is one tool to use it tracks the number of students who have followed your company and can be represented at an individual university level -If you are interested in learning more about this contact your AfterCollege representative or reach out to me and I will put you in contact with the correct person
- 19. Slide Title www.aftercollege.com 19 College Recruiting is about your BRAND!!! -Those that are having great success in university recruiting get their brand in front of their target students early, frequently, and in multiple ways
- 20. Interns and Campus Brand -This presentation is the third of three presentations on Interns and Campus Brand Part 1 Internship Overview University Recruiting Overview Internships Overview Part 2 Interns Work and Experience -Showcasing Interns Work -Learning from their Experience -Watch the full webinar on University Recruiting Essentials: Interns and Your Campus Brand here on YouTube www.aftercollege.com 20
- 21. Insert Image of Events Page www.aftercollege.com 21 -Subscribe to the AfterCollege Employer Blog for more information on University Recruiting http://employer.aftercollege.com/
- 22. Visit AfterCollege -Visit the AfterCollege Products and Services page to see how AfterCollege can help enhance your University Recruiting program -Sign up for Free Employer Webinar Series for tips and tricks on building and improving a University Recruiting program -Follow us on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn -Visit the AfterCollege LinkedIn University Recruiters Page to discuss University Recruiting with other industry professionals www.aftercollege.com 22
- 23. Jennifer Rutt Senior Director of Engagement email@example.com Twitter: @JenRutt www.aftercollege.com 23