University of Miyazaki will provide study support funding to ... ... University of Miyazaki will...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of University of Miyazaki will provide study support funding to ... ... University of Miyazaki will...
University of Miyazaki Emergency Study Assistance Grants
University of Miyazaki will provide study support funding to students enrolled at this
university (including those who are currently absent) facing difficulties in continuing their
studies because of reduced income due to the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Students who are facing difficulties in continuing their studies because of a reduction in
their own income, or in the income of the person maintaining their living costs.
* Reduction in your income from a part-time job due to the effects of the coronavirus
* No longer receiving an allowance from parents because of a reduction in their income
due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, etc.
The following students are ineligible:
• Non-degree-seeking students (subject auditors, special auditors, research students,
• JSPS research fellows
• Japanese government-funded international students (MEXT scholarship students)
• Overseas government-funded international students
• Students receiving monthly scholarships of 100,000 yen or more (per month)
2. Grant amount: 30,000 yen
3. Source of funding: University of Miyazaki Study Assistance Fund (Coronavirus Pandemic
Study Assistance Grant Scheme)
* Kind donations from the public, parents, graduates, faculty and staff, etc.
4. How to apply
Fill in the application form on the website.
* You may be later required to submit documents proving you are facing difficulties in
continuing your studies. Please prepare such documents and keep them at hand so you
can submit them immediately when required.
E.g., Reduction in your income: Part-time job paychecks, etc.
Reduction in parents’ income: Documents certifying income before and after the sudden
change (salary statements, etc.)
*Please follow the example(P4-5) and enter your bank account information.
5. Application period
Wednesday, May 20 – Friday, May 22, 2020 *The deadline is May 22 at 5 p.m.
The President of the University of Miyazaki will assess applications based on the
7. Notification of results
Students will be notified by e-mail (@student.ac.jp, @med.miyazaki-u.ac.jp)
8. Scheduled date and method of payment
Payment will be transferred into the designated bank account after approval.
9. Contact for enquiries
University of Miyazaki, Student Affairs Dept., Student Support Division
* If the university needs to ask the student any questions about the application, a message
will be sent to @student or @med from the e-mail address listed above.
* For queries about bank account information, the provided telephone number will be used.
10. Messages from donors
• I hope the COVID-19 pandemic ends as soon as possible, so students will be able to
concentrate on their studies normally.
• We are in a terrible situation now, but let us all do our best. Go, University of Miyazaki!
• As a faculty member, I want to support students who are the future of education,
agriculture, and medical care in Miyazaki.
• We can get through this together as citizens of Miyazaki prefecture!
• Good luck to all students!
Even in this difficult situation, I hope you will lead the way without giving up.
• I am a graduate of Miyazaki Medical School (graduated in 2000). I work in Miyazaki
I was able to graduate thanks to exemption from tuition fees for six years. I am happy
to return the favor.
• I am making this small contribution in the hope that it will help students continue
their studies. I sincerely hope that all students will go on to support Japan’s future.
• I have worked with the staff of the University of Miyazaki for 8 years on academic
conference sales. I am making this small contribution in the hope that your students
will be able to devote themselves to their studies with peace of mind.
• I went to a different university, but it was a national university. I was able to study
thanks to a scholarship. I hate to think what it would have been like if the coronavirus
pandemic had happened when I was a student. We cannot choose the time we live in.
This is a small donation, but I hope it will help students who are struggling. I want to
cheer them on, as someone living in Miyazaki.
• This is a small donation, but I hope it will be useful for someone in need.
• Students and everyone at the university, please take care of yourselves during this
• I am a bus driver. I hope this donation expressing my gratitude and encouragement
will help a little.
• I hope the coronavirus pandemic ends soon and students return to their peaceful daily
• I hope the students can devote themselves to their studies and lives, and not be beaten
by the coronavirus pandemic.
• Let us all do our best.
• This is a terrible time to be a student. Hang in there.
• I hope this will help a little.
• I hope the creativity of your students overcomes this difficulty and builds a new society.
• I support the students’ futures.
• Many of you must be struggling to respond to this unprecedented situation, but I hope
you will put up with it for a while, believe in Miyazaki University, and devote
yourselves to your studies/research. You can do it!!
(From my home in Mie Prefecture. I look forward to the day we can meet again.)
• This is a terrible time for everyone, but please do not give up on your studies. We are
• I hope that aspiring students do not give up their studies for financial reasons and are
able to graduate normally.
① ***** ② *******1
★You should enter your bank account information by Japanese
Do not enter this number in Account number field
Bank code and Office(Branch) code :
★You syould enter your bank account information by Japanese