Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Unforgettable Photos
- 1. Unforgettable Photos
- 2. 1957. The first day of Dorothy Counts at the Harry Harding High School in the United States . Counts was one of the first black students admitted in the school, and she was no longer able to stand the harassments after 4 days.
- 3. January 12, 1960. A second before the Japanese Socialist Party leader Asanuma was murdered by an opponent student.
- 4. 1963. Thich Quang Duc, the Buddhist priest in Southern Vietnam , burns himself to death protesting the government's torture policy against priests. Thich Quang Dug never made a sound or moved while he was burning.
- 5. 1962. A soldier shot by a sniper hangs onto a priest in his last moments.
- 6. 1965. A mom and her children try to cross the river in South Vietnam in an attempt to run away from the American bombs.
- 7. 1966. U.S. troops in South Vietnam are dragging a dead Vietkong soldier.
- 8. February 1, 1968. South Vietnam police chief Nguyen Ngoc Loan shots a young man, whom he suspects to be a Viet Kong soldier.
- 9. 1972. After South Vietnam planes accidentally drop a bomb on a town.
- 10. 1973. A few seconds before Chile 's elected president Salvador Allende is dead during the coup.
- 11. 1975. A woman and a girl falling down after the fire escape collapses.
- 12. 1980. A kid in Uganda about to die of hunger, and a missionaire.
- 13. February 23, 1981. Colonel Molina ve military police seizes the Parliament building in Spain . The photographer did not expect the scene, and hid the films in his shoe.
- 14. 1982. Palestinian refugees murdered in Beirut , Lebanon .
- 15. 1987. A mother in South Korea apologizes and asks for forgiveness for his son who was arrested after attending a protest. He was protesting the alleged manipulations in the general elections.
- 16. 1989. A young man in China stands before the tanks during protests for democratic reforms.
- 17. 1992. A mother in Somalia holds the body of her child who died of hunger.
- 18. 1994. A man who was tortured by the soldiers since he was suspected to have spoken with the Tutsi rebels.
- 19. 1996. Kids who are shocked by the civil war in Angola .
- 20. 2001. An Afghani refugee kid's body is being prepared for the funeral in Pakistan .
- 21. 2002. Soldiers and villagers in IRan are digging graves for the victims of the earthquake. A kid holds his father's pants before he is buried.
- 22. 2003. An Iraqi prisoner of war tries to calm down his child.