UIC Institute of Policy and Civic Engagement - UPPF spring 2010
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of UIC Institute of Policy and Civic Engagement - UPPF spring 2010
2. The Urban Public Policy Fellowship (UPPF) program, a new program designed to expose historically underrepresented minority undergraduate students at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) to key public policy issues.
3. UPPF Fellows were selected through a highly competitive process that considered grade point average, history of engagement, and leadership experience.
4. UPPF Fellows attended weekly seminars throughout the spring semester. Seminars included policy issues, project management, research, government issues and education budget information.
5. UPPF Fellows presented Public Policy Posters at the African American and Latino Dialogue & Research Forum, April 9, 2010.
6. UPPF Fellows were also assigned an internship designed to expose him or her to the theory and practice of public policy-making, advocacy, community development, and service provision.
7. The UPPF program is administered through the Institute for Policy and Civic Engagement (IPCE), in partnership with the Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Program (LARES) and the African-American Academic Network (AAAN).
8. Spring 2010 UPPF Partnerships & Internship Locations
Latin United Community Housing Association
Latino Education Alliance (LEA)
Latino Policy Forum
Little Village Environmental Justice Organization
Midwest Latino Health Research, Training and Policy Center
People for Community Recovery
UIC Medical Center
City of Blue Island
Cooperation for Supportive Housing
Erie Neighborhood House
Fathers Who Care
Illinois Coalition for Immigration and Refugee Rights
9. Spring 2010 Urban Public Policy Fellows
Yaw P Boateng
Samuel De La Rosa
Chynna D Moerlien
Matthew S Neil
Lauren G Walton
10. Urban Public Policy Fellowship
Spring 2010 Highlights
11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. On behalf of ICPE, LARES and AAAN we would like to thank you all for a great semester!