Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Tweet tweet
- 1.Always wondering whats happening Tweet Tweet: Maryam Ibrahim 201012792
- What Twitter does, in a simple and brilliant way, is to merge a number ofinteresting trendsin social networking particularly in a type known as micro-blogging,lightweight presence indicators , and status messages into a fascinating blend of permanence,public and private . In a world where were seldom able to spend significant amounts of time with the people we care about,keeping people updatedon what youre doing and staying aware of what others are doing is powerful,and thats why Twitter matters .
Purpose of the presentation 3.
- Introduction about micro-blogging
- Whats next (information about Twitter)
- Get started with Twitter
- Creating an account
- Creating an account (Jing)
- Terminology 101
- Editing you account
- Who, Why and How of Twitter?
- Twitters users
- Twitter usages
- How its used
List of content
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Twitter
- Interesting and entertaining facts about Twitter
- Twitters assessment
- Reference List
- Sign up and/or do the survey
4. Lets start withan introduction about Micro-blogging 5. Micro-blogging Brief introduction about
- Atype of blogthat lets users publishshort text updates . Bloggers can usually use a number of service for the updates including instant messaging. The posts are calledmicro-posts , while the act of using these services to update your blog is calledmicro-blogging.
- It also can be the practice ofposting smallpieces ofdigital contenton the internet, which could be:
- Short videos
Definition 6. Micro-blogging Brief introduction about
- Micro-blogging offers aportable communication modethat feels organic and spontaneous to many.
- Friends use it tokeep in touch , business associates use it to coordinate meetings orshare useful resources , and celebrities and politicians micro-blog aboutconcert dates ,
Purpose 7. Micro-blogging Brief introduction about Twitter Just as there are many different kinds of social media sites, so there are many different ways to micro-blog, one of the most popular ones isTwitter . 8. Whats? And finally we come to ? ? ? ? Evan Williams, Biz Stone, and Jack Dorsey (from left to right).
- Twitter is afreemicro-blogging andmessaging service , at its most basic, is a series ofshort online announcementsor tweets consist of140 character .
- It enables you toadd new contentfrom your browser,instant messagingapplication, or even mobile phone.
- The service was founded by programmers Evan Williams, Jack Dorsey, and Biz Stone in2006 .
9. Get Started with Tweet TweetLets 10. Get started with
- Navigate tohttps://twitter.com/signup
- Its your turn. Join Twitter page will appear, fill in the first field with yourfull name.
- An automatically suggested username will appear, either you select ausernamefrom one of the usernames suggested, or create your own.Keep in mind: Try to pick something that describes you.
- Enter apassword .Be tricky!Include letters, numbers and symbols.
- Enter youremail address.
- Fill in the Captcha to prove you're human, not a machine!
- Pick sources thatinterestyou.
- You are done!
Creating an account 11. Whats Next? Get started with ? ? ? ? Creating an account Get started with twitter. (via Jing) Click hereto watch the video online 12. Twitter: Discover whats new in your world.Click hereto view it online. 13. Terminology 101 s
- Tweets:each of you Twitter posts or updates.
- @ Symbol:is a way of referring to or mentioning another Twitter user, its used before a users name. For example @Tweep2011Tweep.
- RetweetorRT:is when you share the tweet of one user with all of your Twitter followers.
- Reply:is when you respond to a tweet from a particular user.
- Direct Messages:whereas replies are completely public, a direct message is akin to a private message that you send through a discussion board.
- Follower:allows for one-way relationships. If you find interesting Twitter users "follow them" to subscribe to their tweets, and you can unfollow them as well.
- # Hash Tags: are words that begin with the number sign. They are used when many people are tweeting about the same topic event, and its often atop trending topics list. For example #UAE40, which is for the UAE national day the 40 thby then Twitter users will be able to check the events about it after clicking on #UAE40.
14. Editing your account. (via Jing) Click hereto watch the video online 15. Features?
- Who to follow:Shows Twitter accounts that you might like to follow based on who you follow and other variables.
- Twitter for business:Twitter has its own handy Twitter for Business guide including a glossary of terms, best practices, case studies and tips on optimizing your Twitter activity.
- Advertising on Twitter:You can get started with advertising on Twitter and learn more about Promoted Trends, Promoted Tweets and even Promoted Accounts.
- Search:When you search for a keyword or topic in the search field, and you can save the search.
- Follow Me button : Official, compact, and in available in a variety of sizes and shapes, and looks great on any website or blog.
- The Tweet button:A Tweet button lets others share your website or blog content on Twitter, and its available in most web pages.
What are some of the 16. Who, Why, and How of Tweet Tweet 17. Who uses? Who, Why and How ..
- Twitter opens doors for all kinds of accessibility to people you might never have had access to before. Its become an effective tool for reaching out to people, companies, and even celebrities both on and offline. Here are some of who you probably may find on Twitter:
- Professionals(Politicians, Authors, Artists, Celebrities, Press, etc.)
- Education institutions(Professors and teachers, Publishers, Students, etc.)
- Individuals(Random people, could be a mother, father, religious ones or unconventional, etc. )
Twitter users: 18. Why theyre using
- Keep in touch with friends
- Post status updates
- Find News: Stay up-to date
- Work related
- For research
- Though most people use Twitter tokeep in touchwith their friends, or toshare ideasand thoughts, other reasons for using the service differs slightly amongmen and women . Postingstatus updatesis the second most popular reason women use Twitter, while more men use it to findlatest news .
- Check the entertaining facts slide for more information:Click Here
Who, Why and How .. Twitter usages: 19. Howis used? Who, Why and How ..
- People use twitter in a variety of ways, it may include:
- Post personal updates(OMG!)
- Post work updates(To-Do..)
- Share links to news stories(www.)
- Post general life observations(TODAY..)
- Retweet others(Retweeted by..)
- Send direct messages(@Mariam..)
- Share photos
- Share videos
- Tweet location (@..)
- Offer consumer services(Etisalat..)
- Offer Deals(Sales 10%..)
- Check the entertaining facts slide for more information:Click Here
How to use it and what to tweet: Remember: What you say on Twitter may be viewed all around the world instantly. You are what you Tweet! 20. of
- Its for free
- Easy to join and use
- Twitter is democracy
- Impersonal relationships, and more private than other social networking
Advantages & Disadvantages Advantages: Disadvantages:
- Reduces compassion
- Time consumption if used a lot
- Internet predators
21. Fact about LOOK AT THE NUMBERS:Interesting and entertaining
- +460K accounts
- are created every day
- 177 Million tweets send per day
- 182% increase in mobile Twitter users
- in the past year,
Keep in touch:34%Male , 48%Female Status updates:28%Male, 29%Female Find News:31%Male, 21%Female Work related:23%Male, 22%Female For research:10%Male, 8%Female Other:3%Male, 6%Female TO.. 72%Personal updates 62%Work updates 55%Share News links 54%Life observation 53%Retweet others 52%Direct messages 40%Share photos 28%Share videos 24%Tweet locationUsed for.. 22. Lear