Turning First Time Mobile Advertisers Into Mobile Believers
Embed Size (px)
Joint session of Mobext and McDonald's Philippines during the 2014 ad:tech ASEAN. Presented by Kring Lao, Marketing Manager of McDonald's Philippines, and Arthur Policarpio, Head of Mobext Asia-Pacific.
Transcript of Turning First Time Mobile Advertisers Into Mobile Believers
- Turning First Time Mobile Advertisers to Believers Christina D. Lao Marketing Manager McDonalds Philippines @therealkringlao 9 July 2014
- outline The Digital Journey The Mobile Transformation The Trending Topics
- the digital journey
- 52% 95% of Filipinos are online spending average of 5.5 hours daily Online time spent on Social Media the connected Filipino 531% Growth in internet usage (Highest in the world)
- MOST WIDELY USED Ranked No. 8 worldwide FAST GROWING Ranked No. 10 worldwide MOST ACTIVE USERS CAPTIVE AUDIENCE Ranked No. 1 in ave videos watched and mins spent per session 35m 20m Ranked No. 1 active users 34mins 8videos the connected Filipino 24m
- social media stats 967,273 likes +0.52 % growth from May 1.45% engagement rate 82.6 K followers on Twitter +2.60% growth from May Around 10,000 subscribers on YouTube Over 32,000 followers on Instagram
- #McSpicy best practice #NationalBreakfastDay Trended #1
- PAID consumer communication and integrated brand campaigns
- Our first digital-led campaign with no TV support. Trended globally at #3 and was picked up by Bloomberg and Huffington Post. best practice
- refueling young singles and young adults looking for balance & variety TARGET MARKET best practice Insight: People go crazy when they see someone eating something they crave
- best practice
- owned media
- the mobile transformation
- mobile penetration million mobile subscribers smart phone growth (2nd highest in ASEAN) There are more mobile phones than people in the Philippines welcome to our world Spent on mobile; higher than global average. 110% 110m 143 mins75%
- growth in search for McDonalds and delivery-related materials.41% 37m USD estimated size of the prize per year of mobile delivery mobile MDS
- mobile creates a SEA of opportunity for you Mobile creates ales Mobile creates ngagement Mobile creates wareness
- #1 mobile creates sales
- CHALLENGE SOLUTION RESULTS Provide consumers with a more convenient way of redeeming offers To save money on printing costs Create a mobile coupon site, where users simply register to get free McDonalds Ang Pao coupons redeemable at any McD store. With cross-platform advertising on digital, print, and mobile display Over 28,000 unique registrations in just 2 months +18% revenue to spend ratio for mobile coupons vs. print coupons McDonalds Ang Pao Coupons
- #1 mobile creates sales
- CHALLENGE SOLUTION RESULTS Add another access point of McDonalds delivery Optimize mcdelivery.com.ph for mobile Develop a mobile-friendly version of mcdelivery.com.ph McDonalds Delivery Mobile Site 1st month WITHOUT advertising: 94 thousand monthly unique visits More than 20K transactions, incremental to desktop version
- #2 mobile creates engagement
- CHALLENGE SOLUTION RESULTS To amplify the newly launched Bundled Meals big idea of inspiring people to enrich their friendships by being physically together. Develop a mobile app that puts value to minutes of real life interactions. McDonalds Coca- Cola BFF Time Out App Almost 30K downloads for first month of launch
- #3 mobile creates awareness Save the number
- Increase McDonalds delivery number recall and awareness Launch a simple yet effective campaign that would not only make customers remember McDs delivery number but actually save it on their phones for easy access/reference Creating Number Awareness 75,000 redemptions and counting Estimated at least 500,000 phones with McDonalds delivery number CHALLENGE SOLUTION RESULTS
- The Trending Topics
- Top Tweets
- The biggest risk is not taking any risk.In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risk. Mark Zuckerberg
- @therealkringlao #startbelieving #thankyou
- Phuc.Truong@mobext.com Turning First-Time Mobile Advertisers to Believers By Arthur Policarpio Managing Director, Mobext, Asia-Pacific
- If mobile is big, wheres the money?
- Advertisers know its big. invest in mobile 48% 40% mobile will be more importan than radio in 2 years 53% say mobile will be as equally important as TV in 2 years 62% say mobile will be as equally important as outdoor in 2 years 38% say mobile will be more important than print in 2 years.
- Why arent advertisers spending more?
- Limited knowledge+expertise (63%) 5
- Lack of reliable framework for measuring success (63%) 6
- 14 Mobile = traditional Measuring mobile by the same yardstick as traditional media
- 15 Lack of case studies
- Advertisers = SCARED.
- Phuc.Truong@mobext.com Solving the Problem
- 21 #1 Visionary Clients
- 18 Geoffrey Moores Crossing the Chasm
- 19 Techies: In love with technology Visionaries: Get ahead of the market Pragmatists: Want predictable progress Conservatives: Stick with satus quo Skeptics: If it aint broke, dont fix it
- Progress happens because of the crazy ones who were willing to take a risk and re-invent the game.
- Why cant marketers think like these crazy ones when it comes to mobile?
- 17 They all recognized an opportunity, risked it all, and took the plunge... before data/proof came.
- 21 #2 The Start-up Mentality
- 22 We applied the Lean Startup Approach to Mobile Marketing
- Test & Learn (Fail) 23 Scale and Succeed
- 24 Speed is Critical If we can reduce the time between pivots We can increase our odds of success Before we run out of money
- 25 What you did in 6 months, we can do in 24 hours
- 26 From this...
- 27 24 hours To this
- We co-funded first-time mobile investments by advertisers 28
- 21 #3 Talk Business
- Bias to Creative Flair, Awards 30 Awards Creativity Technology
- What keeps CEOs awake at night? 31
- 3 Things that Matter to CEOs
- We have to stop thinking of mobile as just a media channel.
- marketing commerce/distribution customer service research product development business model Business Transformation Platform
- 37 Mobext 2012 mobext.com P&Gs In-Store Tablet Marketing
- 37 Mobext 2012 mobext.com