Trained servant - Chosen to be Trained
Embed Size (px)
We are chosen by God (John 15:16) but that choice is also a matter of our own decision. Let us respond to God's call and serve Him, openly and lovingly. Let us bring our bodies in subjection unto the mastery of whatever our hands findeth to do; to do them for the glory of God. God is good. :)
Transcript of Trained servant - Chosen to be Trained
- Exodus 3:1-12 1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. 2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
- 4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. 5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. 6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
- 8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. 9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. 10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
- 11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? 12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
- CHOSEN TO BE TRAINED
- To be Chosen is a Choice Moses looked (v.2) Moses did not turn aside (v.3,4) Moses heard the voice of God (v.4) Moses revered God (v.6) Moses responded to Gods call (v.4)
- Recognize the Call God declares His Holiness God declares His Name God declares His Authority God declares His Love and Mercy God declares His Promise and Power
- Exodus 4:1-2 1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared unto thee. 2 And the Lord said unto him, WHAT IS THAT IN THINE HAND?
- Chosen to be Trained God gives the skills and talents God trains (Exodus 4:3-9) To use the talents (Eccl. 9:10; 1 Cor. 10:31; Eph. 2:10) To be His instrument of goodness (Matt. 5:16) To declare His power and majesty Psalms 71:17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
- Training the Body and Spirit Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. THE SPIRIT TRULY IS READY, BUT THE FLESH IS WEAK. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And EVERY MAN THAT STRIVETH FOR THE MASTERY IS TEMPERATE IN ALL THINGS. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
- Training the Body and Spirit 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I KEEP UNDER MY BODY, AND BRING IT INTO SUBJECTION: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
- Galatians 6:17 for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
- Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
- Philippians 1:21 For to me TO LIVE IS CHRIST, AND TO DIE IS GAIN.